What's new

Asus adaptive qos vs Qualcomm’s Streamboost

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yoonkung

Occasional Visitor
If someone reading this might not know about Streamboost here is the link from SNB
https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwan/lanwan-features/32297-does-qualcomms-streamboost-really-work

I just got my hands on My friend’s Streamboost router(Trendnet tew827dru), I can confirmed. Streamboost is real deal and no jokes, even this day, it might not even recognize the applications as much as Asus adaptive Qos does, but the performance is perfect.
For 50 Mbps bandwidths, I tried these concurrently
1. Twitch at source quality is perfectly smooth
2. YouTube live stream at 1080p perfectly smooth
3. Torrent downloading from 2 pcs
4. Games are downloading from Steam to PC
5. Maintain lowest latency(ping) in CSGO (33 ms just as good as running the game only)
* 3,4 they are downloading with balance bandwidths quite impressively (I actually don’t care that much)

As you can see, bandwidths are used very efficient and latency maintained perfectly as well.

But the thing is this router’s support is suck, this model is already abandon, there is only 1 firmware update, that’s suck right? The Asus support is just much better. There is very few routers that support Streamboost in the Market that the support, update, utility as good as Asus’s router.

I am intered RT5300AC, just need to know that Is Asus adaptive Qos is as good as Streamboost.

Probably not. Look in the Merlin firmware section and you'll see folks trying to make ASUS QOS work better.