What's new

ASUS AiMesh and Cujo (Solved)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Golan Remi

New Around Here
Been using AC5300 with Cujo in Direct mode with great success.
Few days ago, I added an AC1900P (AC68) as an AiMesh node. No matter what I did, the process always failed after reaching 100%. tried resetting both routers and even setting up AiMesh without restoring the routers. latest firmware, nada. All failed.

I decided to remove Cujo, and Meshing was successful. Adding Cujo to the Mesh network, caused the Mesh node to go offline.

Solution: For Cujo to work, it needs to act as the DHCP Server. AiMesh needs The Mesh Router to serve as the DHCP server. Conflict
What I did, was to Reserve the Cujo and the AiMesh Node (AC68) IP address on the AC5300 DHCP server, and set the IP Pool start and end range of IPs, to these two addresses. As an example the AC68 was set as 192.168.1.2 and the Cujo to 192.168.1.3
Then I set the Cujo as a DHCP Server (on a different range) So that it will provide addresses in the range of 192.168.0.x

Quick restart of Cujo, then the AiMesh node and the problem was solved. I hope this would help someone trying to do the same :)

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!