What's new

Asus AiMesh can't get into the Master

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cyclone3211

New Around Here
Have two RC-AC86U in a AiMesh setup. Can search for the node and find it. Can't get to the master. When doing a Device Discovery, I do get an IP Address of 192.168.50.35, but can't reach it through "Configure ". I get the node on my phone but never the master nor through the web. It does appear in a listing of IP Addresses. Device Discovery of Master.jpg

What are my options other than starting over from the beginning again.
Any suggestions?

Have two RC-AC86U in a AiMesh setup. Can search for the node and find it. Can't get to the master. When doing a Device Discovery, I do get an IP Address of 192.168.50.35, but can't reach it through "Configure ". I get the node on my phone but never the master nor through the web. It does appear in a listing of IP Addresses.View attachment 20175

What are my options other than starting over from the beginning again.
Any suggestions?

Have you tried wiring a PC to the router and browsing to its IP address to login to its webUI? The default 86U IP address is 192.168.50.1.

OE

My desktop PC is attached to the master router which is less than a yard away. That address is my node which was my first of these routers and it kept the IP Address. The second router was setup to be the master, because it was newer, and thought to have newer parts. I was able to get to its address when I setup the AiMesh. Since the original setup, have just not been able to change any settings or get into it.

Prior to the AiMesh being setup, the main router had a different IP Address 192.168.0.15 After the setup the IP Address changed to 192.168.50.35. Since this change, I have not be able to reach this IP Address. When trying to make contact, I get the message indicated in the uploaded file

Attachments

• TCP&IP Properties message.jpg
    TCP&IP Properties message.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 198
My desktop PC is attached to the master router which is less than a yard away. That address is my node which was my first of these routers and it kept the IP Address. The second router was setup to be the master, because it was newer, and thought to have newer parts. I was able to get to its address when I setup the AiMesh. Since the original setup, have just not been able to change any settings or get into it.

I can't say I understand your network layout. Typically, one installs the AiMesh router/root node and configures its IP address; then searches for and adds the remote nodes to form the AiMesh. The router default IP address is either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.50.1, unless you set it otherwise. The remote nodes are not to be configured from the reset to factory default state... just added from the router webUI.

OE

Remove node from master mesh, make a factory reset and try to pair it again.
You cant access nodes in mesh setup, only possible to SSH to nodes, GUI will be interrupted by master router.
Is your PC set to fix IP or auto-DHCP (which should be default)?
First disconnect node and test if all ok with main router!

The errors message is clearly telling you one of the devices are on a different subnet there is way to reach that device if they are on different subnet

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!