What's new

ASUS AiProtection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Col8eral

Regular Contributor
Browsing through my Asus AC88U router I found a feature entitled AiProtection. There are three interesting tabs:

Network Protection
Parental controls
DNS filtering

What are peoples thoughts on the features offered in these tabs and if they are worth enabling / using. Do the benefits work as described and are there any downsides to using any of the features.

Many thanks in advance

Read up on each of them and decide for yourself. Some of these features are only for very specific usage scenarios (for instance DNSFilter which is only available on my firmware is only needed if you need to force specific devices to use specific DNS servers, such as OpenDNS).

It all depends on what your particular needs are.

Thank you for your response. I have enabled some of the network features, but left the DNS features alone as I don't use any of that.

DNSFiltre
My it be possible to stop harmful content when receiving E-mail - like Outlook?

DNSFiltre
My it be possible to stop harmful content when receiving E-mail - like Outlook?

No. All this does is force a client to go through a specific DNS server, it doesn't have any effect on actual traffic content.

Can there be issues filtering with both AIProtection and (for example) Safer Browing? Doesn't that reroute the data twice?

Can there be issues filtering with both AIProtection and (for example) Safer Browing? Doesn't that reroute the data twice?

None of the AiProtection feature redirect anything. The Web Reputation Service lookups aren't DNS based, they are done after the DNS resolution has been completed.

Also note that DNSFilter is NOT part of AiProtection. I have moved it to a different section of my firmware to prevent any such confusion.