What's new

ASUS Armoury Crate

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

All motherboard "utility toolboxes" are bloatware.

You can simply disable it in the BIOS so it's not offered on boot, and manually install what you need (in my case, I only install AiSuite for fan control).

You can simply disable it in the BIOS so it's not offered on boot

It has hooks into UEFI to enable/disable? Wow...

I've got an MSI unit, and it has the same kind of "toolbox", but there's no direct relationship between that toolkit and the BIOS/UEFI.

I agree - between the MSI applet, along with Steelseries, Nahamic, killer networking things - most of it I also uninstall...

I only installed it to turn off the RGB on my motherboard and RAM so it isn’t a rainbow factory in my office while the computer sleeps. The Motherboard can be disabled in the bios, but the RAM needed to be disabled by some software so I figured I’d use the same thing that controlled everything else. Maybe I should rethink that approach.

It has hooks into UEFI to enable/disable? Wow...
Yes and no. It's the installer that's present in UEFI, kinda like some HP printers used to do for a while, where it will push a virtual drive within Windows to allow "easy" installation without the need for a CD drive.

Dunno if that's a full installer, or just a wedge that will download the latest version off Asus' servers tho, as I quickly disabled that when I build my new PC last year.