1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Asus AX Mesh Zenwifi Query

Discussion in 'ASUS AX Routers & Adapters' started by Ahmed Al Fahim, May 30, 2020.

1. Ahmed Al Fahim

Ahmed Al Fahim New Around Here

Hi,

i purchased a few AX6600 mesh WiFi’s and had a couple of questions cause I’m setting it up in a large space with thick Walls.

1) how many nodes can I connect to one WiFi network or router. I have already connected 3 and need more to fill the full space.

2) I have multiple access point Ethernet wires connected to the Main router that I have attached nodes too which works fine. However I have run out of Ethernet connections and now want to connect extra nodes via Wireless connectivity. Issue is the main router is too far to connect these extra nodes wirelessly. What I have read is you can only connect a node wirelessly to the main router. Question is, can I connect nodes wirelessly to the access point nodes which are connected to the main router via Ethernet vs directly to the main? If so how can I set that up?

thanks

2. OzarkEdge

OzarkEdge Part of the Furniture

Are you connecting units as APs or as AiMesh nodes?

I don't know the practical limits for either mode... you may have to just try it within reason.

If AiMesh, I believe you can daisy chain a wireless node through another wired/wireless node. Try adding the node in place. If that doesn't work, try adding it up close and then moving it into place.

The main problem may be that AiMesh doesn't offer enough administration for you to 'see' how nodes are connected... to see that a node is daisy chaining through another node.

Perhaps you can perform these AiMesh trials with your existing equipment to prove the construct first before buying more equipment.

OE