What's new

Asus AX wired backhaul mesh systems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joysleep1

New Around Here
HI Peeps

So i currently have a AX88U with two AX86us' nodes hardwired. Main router is middle of house and each node front and back. I luckily had all wiring down so this connects to a gigabit switch so i can get full speeds.

My issue is i need to set up a mesh system for my sister in law and i plan to put the main router in the middle of the house. Now she has a nursery at the back of the house around around 60FT (15M). I want to place a node there and get the wiring pulled into there to be able to get wifi coverage but when you set up a mesh it normally always looks for WIFI connection first right?

Do i have to bring it close and then move it into the nursery and then hardwire it to get proper connection?

If you're concerned lacking wifi on the new spot, you can always provision the new node close to the main router and only after position it in the new place.
It should detect a new device as long as wire is good, but you have an workaround.

OK thanks. I might get away with not putting a node there. I tested having my AX88u in the 2nd bedroom with an ax86u node towards edge of the window and i was across opposite neighbour and was still getting 100mbs. I was impressed

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!