ASUS AX11000 2.4Ghz not working

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

oggy

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I have two problems with my main router AX11000

1) 2.4Ghz network is not working at all, the SSID shows up on the connection list but we cannot connect to it, it keeps loading. I noticed that after I do a full reboot, the network works for few minutes then it stops responding, keeps loading forever.
2) I have 4 AiMesh nodes of Asus XT8 - whenever I reboot the main router, it takes about an hour for the aimesh nodes to load up and work.

I tried every firmware, even restored to old versions, tried all old versions and newest ones, I also tried switching to Merlin's firmware, restored to factory but the problem is still there.

Current Firmware Version : 3.0.0.4.386_44266-g7f6b0df

I don't know what to do anymore to fix it, could it be a hardware related issue? Do I need a new router?

I would appreciate it if you guys share pictures of your router's WiFi settings.

Thanks.

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture
Hello,

I have two problems with my main router AX11000

1) 2.4Ghz network is not working at all, the SSID shows up on the connection list but we cannot connect to it, it keeps loading. I noticed that after I do a full reboot, the network works for few minutes then it stops responding, keeps loading forever.
2) I have 4 AiMesh nodes of Asus XT8 - whenever I reboot the main router, it takes about an hour for the aimesh nodes to load up and work.

I tried every firmware, even restored to old versions, tried all old versions and newest ones, I also tried switching to Merlin's firmware, restored to factory but the problem is still there.

Current Firmware Version : 3.0.0.4.386_44266-g7f6b0df

I don't know what to do anymore to fix it, could it be a hardware related issue? Do I need a new router?

I would appreciate it if you guys share pictures of your router's WiFi settings.

Thanks.

My 2xRT-AC86U AiMesh install notes may help... but no AX settings:

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.20308 for All Supported Products | Page 14 | SmallNetBuilder Forums (snbforums.com)

I think your network should reboot more quickly than an hour. I'd review your install in view of my notes. Get the router/network working right/quickly. Then add one node at a time, allowing a enough time to settle and prove itself before piling on more pieces.

OE

KingBravery

Is there any chance your router have been strucked by lightning once before?

oggy

Occasional Visitor
My 2xRT-AC86U AiMesh install notes may help... but no AX settings:

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.20308 for All Supported Products | Page 14 | SmallNetBuilder Forums (snbforums.com)

I think your network should reboot more quickly than an hour. I'd review your install in view of my notes. Get the router/network working right/quickly. Then add one node at a time, allowing a enough time to settle and prove itself before piling on more pieces.

OE

I have already done the adding nodes one at a time, my problem is that when I reboot the main router, the aimesh nodes takes 1 hour to boot up. I tried different Aimesh nodes than asus and they were booting fast, this is my first experience with Asus aimesh and its taking so long to work.

Is there any chance your router have been strucked by lightning once before?

As far as I know I'm indoors, not outdoors.... and I'm concerned it is a hardware problem, all signs point to hardware issue.

Kingp1n

Very Senior Member
I had a similar issue with my AX88U. The devices would connet/disconnect from the 2.4ghz signal constantly thru out the day.

I ended doing an RMA and off it went to Asus. It was a hardware issue and they did the buyback since they didn't have any replacements in their warehouse (so they said).

Have you tried isolating the AX88U without the nodes and see if the problems persist?