Asus AX11000 HW A1.1

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Probably just sourcing/substituting components from different manufacturers. :)

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Anything is possible. But I would expect it to be advertised heavily on the packaging if it was. :)

lindros2

Occasional Visitor
Any way (at all) to tell which hardware version when purchasing online?
Amazon's price shot up from the ~$335 range back to $399, after going completely out of stock.
All of this is reflected in CamelCamelCamel, btw (high > low > unavailable/out of stock > high).

Shemsureshot

New Around Here
Hi,

I received hardware version 1.1 if this router yesterday. I also have hardware version 1 and did a little testing as I was also curious of what the difference is. So far from what I can tell is ver 1.1 offers better connection strength. For example my pc went from -54dbm to -42dbm and my outdoor wireless camera was -78dbm and is now -65dbm. I have to say I’m very pleased with the improvement as I didn’t even know there was a 1.1 version until yesterday (hence I googled, found this post and realise others wanted to know and made an account here to tell you my experience).

edit: I just checked the retail box and it does say hardware version 1.1 in the white barcode box and on the bottom of the router.

Last edited:

sanke1

Must be having cpu idle enabled on 1.1 so that CPU stays cooler. Just like RT-AX88U. Please verify.

Shemsureshot

New Around Here
Must be having cpu idle enabled on 1.1 so that CPU stays cooler. Just like RT-AX88U. Please verify.
Hi, I don’t have the temp for the cpu (but will check and update) looking at the cpu monitoring on the asus router app I would agree, the cpu appears to be idle while ram seems to stay fixed at 56%.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!