What's new

Asus AX11000 HW A1.1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Probably just sourcing/substituting components from different manufacturers. :)

Anything is possible. But I would expect it to be advertised heavily on the packaging if it was. :)

Any way (at all) to tell which hardware version when purchasing online?
Amazon's price shot up from the ~$335 range back to $399, after going completely out of stock.
All of this is reflected in CamelCamelCamel, btw (high > low > unavailable/out of stock > high).

Hi,

I received hardware version 1.1 if this router yesterday. I also have hardware version 1 and did a little testing as I was also curious of what the difference is. So far from what I can tell is ver 1.1 offers better connection strength. For example my pc went from -54dbm to -42dbm and my outdoor wireless camera was -78dbm and is now -65dbm. I have to say I’m very pleased with the improvement as I didn’t even know there was a 1.1 version until yesterday (hence I googled, found this post and realise others wanted to know and made an account here to tell you my experience).

edit: I just checked the retail box and it does say hardware version 1.1 in the white barcode box and on the bottom of the router.

Last edited:
Must be having cpu idle enabled on 1.1 so that CPU stays cooler. Just like RT-AX88U. Please verify.

Must be having cpu idle enabled on 1.1 so that CPU stays cooler. Just like RT-AX88U. Please verify.
Hi, I don’t have the temp for the cpu (but will check and update) looking at the cpu monitoring on the asus router app I would agree, the cpu appears to be idle while ram seems to stay fixed at 56%.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!