What's new

ASUS AX58U or AC66U B1? Or Risk the AC68U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

geokilla

Occasional Visitor
First, I understand one is literally twice the price of the other. I'm looking for something that can last me about 6 years. I'm currently still using the ASUS RT-N66U and while it's still running strong, I think it's time to get something a bit better. We're not heavy users but as we get more and more connected with the family watching Netflix while I game via the Ethernet connection, it might be better to get a more modern router.

If I get the AX58U, is this going to last me the 6 years I'm looking for? I understand it was launched when it was originally draft AX and missing WPA3, but I'd like to have that if I buy an AX router. I also don't have any Wi-Fi 6 compatible devices at the moment but I'm sure that'll change next year.

The AC66U B1 on the other hand is significantly cheaper, coming in at $90CAD if the Staples stock levels are true.

Finally there's the AC68U but I'll probably be skipping this as quite a few people who bought one in the past 2 months while it went on sale encountered the 2.4GHz band dying issue.