What's new

Asus AX58U wifi 6 speeds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AI1980

New Around Here
Hi fellow members, I just bought an asus ax58u router and I am not been able to get fast wifi 6 speeds.

I installed the merlin firmware and testing the speed form the router I am getting over 900megas of download and around 850 for upload.

But using the wifi I am only getting 500 and even less sometimes, all settings are default.

Are those the expected wifi speeds?

I tested with 3 different wifi6 devices and same wifi speeds are achieved.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Are you using AC devices or AX devices. AC devices you are getting what's expected over 5 Ghz wifi with about 600 being max.

Are you using AC devices or AX devices. AC devices you are getting what's expected over 5 Ghz wifi with about 600 being max.
All are ax devices. Two asus laptops and a galaxy phone.

They even had the stupid welcome to wifi6 message the first time I connected them to the network :)

I have two AX58Us, one as router the other as access point. Have had them for about 7 months. When I got them I also got an Intel AX200 M.2 card for my laptop along with 3 AX200 based PCIe cards for our 3 upstairs desktops. Run stock Asus firmware.

I did a full Acronis backup from my laptop to my Synology NAS, first hard wired then wireless. I got an average of 750/mbps hardwired, 450/mbps wireless. Both are about double what I got on AC. No complaints about speed with our AX58Us.
Old modems were AC86Us.
sam

All are ax devices. Two asus laptops and a galaxy phone.

They even had the stupid welcome to wifi6 message the first time I connected them to the network :)
That is what you would expect for 2x2 MIMO devices, whether AC or AX, they are going to max out at about 600 Mbps. The RT-AX58U is 2x2, and most likely all of your clients are as well.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!