What's new

Asus AX6100 (two AX 92U routers)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi Steve,

Just came across this post, as I have two 92U's, and have been having hit/miss performance, and return date is coming up quick. Do you have your devices wired backhaul or wireless? I'm wired, and running Router + Access Point. Using different SSID's for the 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz-1 and 5Ghz-2 bands on the Router, and then replicating those same three SSID's on the Access point. Most settings in auto mode. Seem to have good performance at first, and then things degrade over a few days. After about a week, was experiencing half speeds across all bands (and running the latest firmware). I'm considering trying your settings, and seeing what happens. Did you experience gradual speed slowdowns over time?

Hey, I've actually had on and off problems ,(I use wireless 5ghz-2 as backhaul) dropping changing to 2.4ghz, it seems stable for a while on 5ghz-2 then will suddenly have an issue and go 2.4ghz .. it may go back by itself, sometimes I reboot it.
I did say to turn ofdma off.. however I think ofdma DL and upload by itself is pretty good .. no mu-mimo.. you should try it on and off for a while , See what works. I think there may be a bug with apsd in advanced WiFi try it off .. I think it makes WiFi snappier .. it may benefit mobile devices and battery life if left on however.. I have found it seems to cause a memory leak as apsd buffers data until the mobile device wakes from sleep.. the internet/WiFi works but the router is unresponsive doesn't migrate devices to nodes thatwell as you roam across house ,GUI doesn't respond or with Android app till a hard reboot.

I always run latest firmware,
I am trying a scheduled reboot at early morning every two days to see if this helps with stability..Auto WiFi is not best.. I think just play around with the settings do some quick research on each setting in advanced and try them on and off ,see what works for you.

the scheduled reboot every two days seems to not work the router still does this lockup where the gui is not accesible the android app does not interact with router , and the router refuses to move devices around the smart connect aimesh network, changed the reboot scedule to everyday now early morning.

If your backhaul is dropping to 2.4ghz then the issue you have is signal related. you need to get that sorted or run an ethernet backhaul. Also, let the router pick its own wifi channels, it took mine a few days to sort out the best channels. The only setting I changed was to enable the DFS channels and 160mhz, i left the rest on auto.

Maybe the bug that causes yours to hang is connected with the backhaul issue you are facing?

Sorry for stating the obvious but a factory reset should be performed after updating the firmware. Asus said this is because there was lots of issues in the previous firmware. Once I did that the disconnection issues I was facing with older devices stopped. It's rock solid now.

This is a good mesh, wifi5 clients get 450mb/s on the default settings. I enabled wifi 6 and the clients maxed out my connection (1gbps)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!