What's new

Asus Ax86u and ax58bt - wifi radar shows generation: ac

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

darthkurak

New Around Here
Hi. I bought an ax86u router and an ax58bt adapter for my pc. I updated the router to the latest stable version of merlin (386.3.2). I did the basic setup as mentioned here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/n...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

I live in a house. The router is placed on the first floor, and PC with adapter on 0 floor, very close to each other (5-10m) (only ceiling between them)

I have 1 Gig internet. I am trying to utilize the maximum speed on this PC, but what I got the most is 800 Mbs and a Tx rate of around 2000

I have wifi setup on 5ghz 160mhz width on 36 channel - and this is used to connect from PC.
What wonders me is the connection generation shown in WIFI radar which says: "ac". Shouldn't be ax? Is this may be a problem why I can't achieve higher throughput? Or maybe it always says ac even if ax is used (how can I confirm this?)? Or, it is expected and good enough throughput for such environment and distance setup, and there is nothing more that I can do to improve?

Hi. I bought an ax86u router and an ax58bt adapter for my pc. I updated the router to the latest stable version of merlin (386.3.2). I did the basic setup as mentioned here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/n...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

I live in a house. The router is placed on the first floor, and PC with adapter on 0 floor, very close to each other (5-10m) (only ceiling between them)

I have 1 Gig internet. I am trying to utilize the maximum speed on this PC, but what I got the most is 800 Mbs and a Tx rate of around 2000

I have wifi setup on 5ghz 160mhz width on 36 channel - and this is used to connect from PC.
What wonders me is the connection generation shown in WIFI radar which says: "ac". Shouldn't be ax? Is this may be a problem why I can't achieve higher throughput? Or maybe it always says ac even if ax is used (how can I confirm this?)? Or, it is expected and good enough throughput for such environment and distance setup, and there is nothing more that I can do to improve?
Whats it show under the wireless log

Before you drive yourself crazy trying to maximize wifi throughput are you sure your PC can handle a full gig? If possible try connecting the PC's LAN port to your router using an Ethernet cable and using a utility such as Iperf to test what speed the PC can really handle. I have an older laptop with I5 processor and it won't test at over 600Mbps even though it has a gig port.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!