Asus AX86U & Samsung S22 Ultra WiFi Slowdown

duckpond

New Around Here
I have noticed some odd behavior with a new Samsung S22 Ultra and the AX86U with wireless connection, so i'm not entirely sure if its the phone or the AX86U causing the issue.

Main Router: Asus AX11000
Second Router: Asus AX86U (setup in AP mode)
ISP: 1gbit fiber

Speedtests on the main router AX11000 results in 800/900Mbps speeds over wifi no matter what, however when i move within range of the AX86U it limits wireless speed to 150Mbps, but if i turn wifi off on the S22 Ultra and reconnect, then wireless speed tests return to 700/800Mbps on the AX86U. The S22 Ultra shows its connected at 1.7Gbps link-speed but will only deliver 150Mbps unless i turn off wifi and re-enable to get max wifi speed back.

- The AX86U was working perfectly fine before i got the S22 Ultra with a Note 20 Ultra
- Have reset the AX86U and redone settings, didnt help
- Have reset wireless settings on the S22 Ultra, didnt help
- Have set a static IP on the S22 Ultra, didnt help
- AX86U settings of -> AX Mode, 160Mhz, DL/UL OFDMA + MU MIMO

Any help appreciated

duckpond

New Around Here
I have noticed some odd behavior with a new Samsung S22 Ultra and the AX86U with wireless connection, so i'm not entirely sure if its the phone or the AX86U causing the issue.

Speedtests on the main router AX11000 results in 800/900Mbps speeds over wifi no matter what, however when i move within range of the AX86U it limits wireless speed to 150Mbps, but if i turn wifi off on the S22 Ultra and reconnect, then wireless speed tests return to 700/800Mbps on the AX86U. The S22 Ultra shows its connected at 1.7Gbps link-speed but will only deliver 150Mbps unless i turn off wifi and re-enable to get max wifi speed back.

- The AX86U was working perfectly fine before i got the S22 Ultra with a Note 20 Ultra

Any help appreciated
anyone ?

ac1617

New Around Here
Looks like I'm having the same issue as you except I'm using a Z Fold 3 and is only running a single AX58u. Either capped at 50mbps or 150mbps. I'll probably just return the router as it's not worth the hassle to figure out or wait for a firmware fix.

bounddyy

New Around Here

Any help appreciated
Ever figure this out? I have the AX82U and same issue I get 50~100Mbps down and 800+ up. Down should be much higher and other devices work fine.

duckpond

New Around Here
do you have an s22 also?

no never figured it out, sent back the ax86u for refund so not sure if this has been fixed with either s22 firmware updates or ax86u firmware updates

bounddyy

New Around Here
do you have an s22 also?

no never figured it out, sent back the ax86u for refund so not sure if this has been fixed with either s22 firmware updates or ax86u firmware updates
Yup S22 Ultra. Had issues with Tab s7+ with Wifi 6 too.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!