What's new

ASUS AX88U CRASH ON FE 384.16 384.17

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

razor92

Occasional Visitor
Hello guys i have problem with fw 384.16 and 384.17 my asus ax88u sometimes crash and re-start ( i get led on but i power off led ). i tried to restore router but same problem. why??? :( i re-installed 384.15 and work nice without crash.

Im not sure what could be happening. I updated to 384.17 six days ago and has been rock solid on my unit.
2059007430b031107cbf34c9bb4a6b14.jpg

No idea why but I also found 384.17 unstable, crashing within hours after a reboot. I reproduced it several times before I rolled back to 384.16 and have been up with no issues the past 14 days straight.

I’ve had issues with 384.16 & 384.17. Not had any issues crashing but the WiFi performance has been awful with slow speeds, poor range intermittent drop outs. I reverted back to 384.15 after 384.16 failed waiting for the next update and it’s the same with 384.17. I tried a full reset too and still didn’t work so I have ended up back on 384.15 again.

Crazy there are so many difference across the same hardware. Weird.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Crazy there are so many difference across the same hardware. Weird.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
It would probably be down to the hardware revisions, and peoples networking environments.

its possibly a faulty unit, after you upgrade to .17 do a factory reset, then manually set up all the settings