What's new

ASUS Blue Cave + 2 x Lyra-mini (aimesh)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TVD

New Around Here
Hi,
I have configured my ASUS Blue Cave as my main AIMesh router.
I have connected through wired connections 2 x lyra-mini aimesh nodes. A switch is linking all 3 together.
Both nodes show off in the Asus Blue Cave Aimesh config page, so that's working.
My Asus Blue Cave is sending out a 2,4 Ghz and a 5 Ghz wifi, however both lyra-mini Aimesh nodes only send out a 2,4 Ghz wifi signal. I don't have access to the lyra-mini webconfig pags, as it mentions to uses the lyra app. There I'm only seeing the 2,4 ghz band and not the 5 ghz.

Any idea why thee is no 5 ghz wifi on my lyra-mini aimesh nodes?

Blue cave fw: 3.0.0.4.384_45708-g6c4a2e4
Lyra-mini fw: 3.0.0.4.384_45152-g920d559

Many thanks.

Hi,
I have configured my ASUS Blue Cave as my main AIMesh router.
I have connected through wired connections 2 x lyra-mini aimesh nodes. A switch is linking all 3 together.
Both nodes show off in the Asus Blue Cave Aimesh config page, so that's working.
My Asus Blue Cave is sending out a 2,4 Ghz and a 5 Ghz wifi, however both lyra-mini Aimesh nodes only send out a 2,4 Ghz wifi signal. I don't have access to the lyra-mini webconfig pags, as it mentions to uses the lyra app. There I'm only seeing the 2,4 ghz band and not the 5 ghz.

Any idea why thee is no 5 ghz wifi on my lyra-mini aimesh nodes?

Blue cave fw: 3.0.0.4.384_45708-g6c4a2e4
Lyra-mini fw: 3.0.0.4.384_45152-g920d559

Many thanks.

Did you reset the nodes before adding them to the Blue Cave AiMesh?

OE

Did you reset the nodes before adding them to the Blue Cave AiMesh?

OE
Hi OE,
Yes I did. It's really strange.
Also it seems the current blue cave firmware is not that stable. After 1 or 2 weeks my ASUS Blue Cave Aimesh router becomes unstable ... and then the 5 ghz bands comes back online for the Lyra-mini nodes.

When I add the Lyra-mini as access points I see both 2,4 ghz and 5 ghz bands.

Hi OE,
Yes I did. It's really strange.
Also it seems the current blue cave firmware is not that stable. After 1 or 2 weeks my ASUS Blue Cave Aimesh router becomes unstable ... and then the 5 ghz bands comes back online for the Lyra-mini nodes.

When I add the Lyra-mini as access points I see both 2,4 ghz and 5 ghz bands.

It sounds like something is not right with the router. I would re-install the latest Blue Cave firmware, reset it, and configure it minimally from scratch. Then use it standalone. If it is not stable, I would not build a mesh system with it.

OE

Hi, I was planning to use the blue cave with the Lyra ac2200 and wanted to follow up on this issue. Did you find a solution or did it resolve itself?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!