What's new

ASUS Blue Cave throttling to 200Mbps

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Derps

New Around Here
Hi everyone, I recently discovered I wasn't getting up to the speeds I should have over my network using the ASUS Blue Cave as an Access Point.
I should be getting 300 Mbps, which I have confirmed works if I directly plug my computer in to the modem provided by my ISP.

Wired and Wireless connections through the ASUS AP gives me ~200 Mbps consistently.

I went through various menus and settings and don't think there's anything configured funny or wrong...

Wondering if folks here would be able to direct me to things I should consider or look at.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums @Derps.

Before considering other routers to buy, have you (ever) fully reset your Blue Cave?

What devices are used to test the speeds with? Did you try different test sites? Different servers? Testing at different times?

Did you try setting a better control channel for your network? Does setting the bandwidth to 80MHz help?

If all the above have been eliminated, the following suggestions are what I would do next before (and after) buying a new router.

Update/Reset Mini Guide

Thanks for the reply L&LD!
I dug further around the forums and found some people recommending to swap out the WAN port, I changed the connection to a LAN port instead and now I've hit 300 Mbps... so I guess the WAN port is bugged?

Thanks for the reply L&LD!
I dug further around the forums and found some people recommending to swap out the WAN port, I changed the connection to a LAN port instead and now I've hit 300 Mbps... so I guess the WAN port is bugged?

I have experienced on several Asus routers that when using them in AP mode the LAN port always yielded the best result. Compared to using the WAN port as you would normally do when using the router in router-mode. SO I dont think it is buggesd per se.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!