What's new

ASUS Blue Cave WAN port stuck at 100mbps

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

monfster

New Around Here
Purchased a Blue Cave about a month ago. When I first installed it, I ran some speed tests that were coming in at 160mbps/160mbps - right where it should be for my Frontier 150/150 connection.

About a week ago, all speedtest would not top 100mbps. The UI indicates that the port is set at 100 and it seems that it really is at 100mbps and no faster. Removing the Blue Cave from the equation solved the problem (other routers didn't have the same problem with a 100mbps speed limit, neither did connecting a laptop directly to the twisted pair coming out of the ONT.

I punted and took it back after seeing other complaints in SNB (from like 2013 or 2014) about the same problem with the WAN port. None of those threads had anything approaching a solution.

Is this common with ASUS routers?

look inside the slot, are all 8 pins parallel up? 1G need all 8, 100Mb only 4 wires.
Maybe bad soldering inside. Change cable and plug in well.

Purchased a Blue Cave about a month ago. When I first installed it, I ran some speed tests that were coming in at 160mbps/160mbps - right where it should be for my Frontier 150/150 connection.

About a week ago, all speedtest would not top 100mbps. The UI indicates that the port is set at 100 and it seems that it really is at 100mbps and no faster. Removing the Blue Cave from the equation solved the problem (other routers didn't have the same problem with a 100mbps speed limit, neither did connecting a laptop directly to the twisted pair coming out of the ONT.

I punted and took it back after seeing other complaints in SNB (from like 2013 or 2014) about the same problem with the WAN port. None of those threads had anything approaching a solution.

Is this common with ASUS routers?
My two cents. Grisu has the right idea. Try a CAT-6 cable. I normally point the finger at Auto-Negotiation but since it had been working it really sounds like a physical issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!