What's new

Asus client list/AiMesh node client list report unreliable?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

snovvman

Occasional Visitor
I noticed that certain STAs would disappear from the Asus Webui client list, then reappear some time later. The cycle repeats. Similarly, under AiMesh nodes, some bound clients (not necessarily the same as the client list) intermittently show disconnected.

However, most of the time, although the client list or AiMesh node client list show that the device is either not there or disconnected, I can still talk to the device, which indicates that the STA is in fact still connected.

When I look at the System Log, there were no disconnect/reconnect/deauth/reauth activity that would explain the client list behavior.

Is the client list/AiMesh node client list simply unreliable or buggy?

Bonus question, under the client list, some STAs have TX/RX rate and connection time and others do not. Some of those showing the data are idle. At the same time, some of the 2.4Ghz devices that are actively transmitting do not show TX/RX data. I also noticed that Wireless Log only show the devices that have the TX/RX data. Why is this?

I would appreciate some insights.

Is the client list/AiMesh node client list simply unreliable or buggy?

Bonus question, under the client list, some STAs have TX/RX rate and connection time and others do not. Some of those showing the data are idle. At the same time, some of the 2.4Ghz devices that are actively transmitting do not show TX/RX data. I also noticed that Wireless Log only show the devices that have the TX/RX data. Why is this?

Those client lists often leave you wanting... I assume they are as good as it gets... and ignore them.

OE

To be sure, Ethernet-connected devices will not show Tx/Rx. This is by-design, ASUS dev's don't think wired connection actually have a link rate.

On my AX-89X, I haven't noticed connected clients not showing up. The only abnormal things I've noticed is recently disconnected clients still showing up for a while and wired clients sometimes showing up as connected to the main router rather than the AI Mesh node they are actually plugged in to. On the disconnected clients, it's interesting that they usually show up as wired connections, when they are wireless devices, so it's easy to see when that occurs.

I do have lots of devices that routinely move throughout the house during the day and transfer between mesh nodes. Not that I constantly watch it, but the nodes they show connected to on the client list are what I expect.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!