Asus CT8 Stability

andrenb

New Around Here
I can get two double packs of Asus CT8´s for 250$ at a clearance sale which feels like an okay deal even though these are not Wifi 6 devices.

The four CT8 units will be set up in a 5500 square feet house which is a bit tricky getting proper wifi coverage in and for now it´s not feasible to drag around cable for ethernet backhaul. So they´ll be used only with wireless backhaul and at least one of the nodes will have to daisy chain to reach the main node.

I will probably be the CT8 in AP-mode and use TP-Link ER605 as the router. The internet speed in the house is 100/50 mbits and there will be about 20-30 devices in use; mostly Apple TV´s, phones, laptops, Chromecast, Sonos speakers and tablets. No IOT-devices.

So my question is:

How is the stability of the CT8 with the latest firmware from november 2021?
As I´m only personally in this house a few days a month I would really hope it´s stable enough so that I don´t get a lot of complaints of nodes failing, devices not connecting and slow speeds at random times. I want it to be mostly set and forget, of course after some tweaks to the select best wireless channels etc for the area.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Is that 5,500 SqFt on a single level? If not, keep looking for a better solution. If you're not able to return the CT8s, of course.

andrenb

New Around Here
Is that 5,500 SqFt on a single level? If not, keep looking for a better solution. If you're not able to return the CT8s, of course.

No, it's on four levels, that's why at least one node will have to daisy chain. The internet-connection is on the fourth floor at the back of the house so I will put one node on each level beneath it.

I can return them within 30 days.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!