What's new

Asus CT8 Stability

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

andrenb

Occasional Visitor
I can get two double packs of Asus CT8´s for 250$ at a clearance sale which feels like an okay deal even though these are not Wifi 6 devices.

The four CT8 units will be set up in a 5500 square feet house which is a bit tricky getting proper wifi coverage in and for now it´s not feasible to drag around cable for ethernet backhaul. So they´ll be used only with wireless backhaul and at least one of the nodes will have to daisy chain to reach the main node.

I will probably be the CT8 in AP-mode and use TP-Link ER605 as the router. The internet speed in the house is 100/50 mbits and there will be about 20-30 devices in use; mostly Apple TV´s, phones, laptops, Chromecast, Sonos speakers and tablets. No IOT-devices.

So my question is:

How is the stability of the CT8 with the latest firmware from november 2021?
As I´m only personally in this house a few days a month I would really hope it´s stable enough so that I don´t get a lot of complaints of nodes failing, devices not connecting and slow speeds at random times. I want it to be mostly set and forget, of course after some tweaks to the select best wireless channels etc for the area.

Is that 5,500 SqFt on a single level? If not, keep looking for a better solution. If you're not able to return the CT8s, of course.

Is that 5,500 SqFt on a single level? If not, keep looking for a better solution. If you're not able to return the CT8s, of course.

No, it's on four levels, that's why at least one node will have to daisy chain. The internet-connection is on the fourth floor at the back of the house so I will put one node on each level beneath it.

I can return them within 30 days.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!