What's new

Asus DDNS Auto Reconnect?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mr. Boniato

Occasional Visitor
I am using Asus DDNS. I am behind NAT, so every time the ISP modem restarts (or maybe when WAN gets a new IP), I notice the Asus DDNS goes into "Inactive Status" and have to click on "Apply" in order for it to reconnect.
Is there a way I can have it auto reconnect when it loses connectivity?

How long between retries do you have it set for (in days)?

Not sure what you mean.. I don't see a place to set retries.. unless I am not looking in the right place?
ddns.jpg

EDIT.. oh you meant the force update?

Yes.

While I realize what I'm asking has nothing to do with this thread, as an expert on Asus routers, I'm wondering if you can tell me why there have been no firmware updates for the AX-68U since 11/22..I have no complaints about the performance whatsoever, but having owned an AC68P which is far older, I continued to get regular updates. Thanks

Not an 'expert' at all.

RMerlin firmware is on a newer build for the RT-AX68U.

Asus has been trying its best to get 3.0.0.6.xxx level firmware out for all their supported routers (for a long time now). Releasing older-level firmware isn't a priority for them (and I believe they would release one if needed for security reasons).

I haven't been able to get this to work, so I bought a domain from namecheap which is one of the listed ones on the drop down, but it's not working either.I tried to have the help desk help me, but they can't figure it out. I have tried, Yes on the WAN IP host name verification, but same error.
ddns.jpg

The help desk from namecheap.com says, the preconfigured server on my router is outdated. They are now using dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com, instead of www.namecheap.com.
What can I do about this?

Get your money back.

Asuswrt-Merlin has been using dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com since at least 2018...