What's new

Asus DDNS trouble

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

evalf

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I've been using the Asus DDNS service for several years without any problems on my RT-AC68U. It stopped working today, I tried turning the feature off and on again, reset the router, updated my firwmare to the latest Merlin release, it still doesnt't work. The feature shows as enabled in the network map page, and it shows as successfully registered in the DDNS page when I reactivate it, however when I go to http://iplookup.asus.com/nslookup.php and lookup my address it says "We can't find ip address for *****.asuscomm.com", and all the services I use that rely on the DDNS also can't find my router.

Are other users having trouble with the service, or is this a problem on my end only? Thanks!

Your not alone. I'm having the same exact issue, and when I visit that same website I get the same error. I guess the service is down. Hopefully they will get it up again quickly.

I had same problem. I have a T-Mobile ASUS TM-AC1900 and it defaults to a DYDNS server at asuscomm.com. It used to work but it broke recently. It resolves to 5.129.219.12 a server site in Russia.

I discontinued using this DYDNS and had to unconnected my private VPN service through my router.

I was concerned about how this happened and called T-Mobile and complained. They do not have a clue but agreed to send me a new router which would solve this problem.

I decided I had better get off their firmware and go to stock ASUS RT-AC68U or Merlin firmware.

I went through the downgrade to xxxx1703 firmware and hex edited a version of CFE 1.0.2.0 and md-write process and am now ready to flash with alternate firmware.

I don't feel comfortable with the T-Mobile Firmware.

Can I flash my router with latest ASUS firmware or do I have to upgrade my CFE 1.0.2.0 to CFE 1.0.2.0 ASUS which provides for up to 64MB firmware.

Do I have to go through CFE edit and md-write process again before I flash latest large version of ASUS or Merlin firmware? Has any one done this?

Also I noticed that I edited 3 Mac Addresses. Two were the same and one was different. Does any one know why there are three? I am guessing - LAN, wireless, and guest wireless??

Hello, I've had some account hacks/attempts recently and have been checking in with my home LAN setup. I've disabled/changed some settings I surely would have during setup (Upnp, WPS, any WAN-facing vulnerabilities) and noticed I wasn't/couldn't administer via web through HTTPS (weird). Exploring that, after a setting change, when I visited the WAN-DDNS tab, the router (auto) re-registered my router hostname - great. The domain for the re-register looked...off: .asuscomm.com and so jumping down that hole let me to here. Like others here, a lookup points to 5.129.219.12 which resolves to an ru-based server. Does this look Ok to anyone? It may be coincidental, but over the last several months, I regularly/consistently pull ru (or related) language results from google queries. I've triple-checked all language/preference settings in-browser as well as synced google accounts, etc, and they're all USA/English. I use Opera, often with their onboard VPN. Router is in bridge mode behind ATT gateway that set up in passthru, router using stock, current firmware. Any help appreciated.