1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

ASUS devices supporting AI-Mesh

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by Darf Nader, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Darf Nader

Darf Nader Occasional Visitor

Is there a definitive list of all the ASUS devices that support AI Mesh? I found a third party list that might include all of the Asus routers that support it but I can’t say it’s definitive nor does it list any access points. I don’t know if that’s because access points aren’t supported or if they were just not included. I would like to get a third mesh point by just adding wired access point device rather than spending the money on a router whose router functions that I would not need. Does anyone know of such a thing? ASUS likes to point you to lots of marketing materials rather than a list.

2. organshifter

organshifter Occasional Visitor

I did a quick search, and there's not much out there in regards to a definitive list, which is pretty surprising. However, I did find this info. Hope it helps.

Asus AiMesh

[​IMG]

OMNI619 likes this.
  3. Grisu

Grisu Part of the Furniture

Newer DSL-types support Aimesh too as well as buggy Lyra and newer ZenWiFi (dont know how reliable they are).
    An access point wont support Aimesh.

4. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

My Lyra Trio worked quite reliably when I used it as a node to my RT-AX88U for a few weeks during development.

5. Darf Nader

Darf Nader Occasional Visitor

Can anyone definitively say if this includes the TM-AC1900 once it has had its CFE modified so the firmware can be updated to the latest Merlin-WRT and therefore the equivalent of an RT-AC68U/P? I ask because I went through the arduous process, but after I finally was able to update the firmware with the latest Merlin-WRT for the RT-AC68U/P the admin tool does not offer a way to enable it to be an AIMesh slave. (It also still says it’s a AC-1900.) This is after a hard reset of the device.

I was so proud of myself for getting around all of the stupid obstacles T-Mobile put in place only to find that once I installed the right firmware it still doesn’t mesh resulting in a case of the sads.

In short, I am not sure if I am missing a crucial step to allow AI-Mesh to function. This might include having the device think it’s an RT-AC68U/P right down to how it self-identifies in the admin GUI. Since I haven’t found specifics as to what a the Web UI should look like after it is de-T-mobileafied I can’t be sure if this is expected or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

6. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/snbforums-policy-on-asus-tm-ac1900-conversion-discussion.46018/