What's new

Asus Download Manager and VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mazz

Regular Contributor
Good day, I have an Asus ax88u Router with stock firmware. My question is, Is the Download Manager protected by the VPN? I use OpenVPN and Wireguard protocols.

So my AX88U Died on me. Looking for a Router that can actually do my Internet speed. I have 1.5Gbps Fibre, So looking for a Router that when i plug into the Wan and plug my laptop into the Lan i will get my speeds. All i see are inputs that can do 2.5gbps but then the rest of the router has 1gig ports. So any plug-n-play routers that can actually handles output speeds?

GT-AX6000 is the model you want. Dual 2.5GbE Ports (one for LAN, one for WAN).

Thanks! I am trying to make a 2.5gb wired network, but i do need some wireless capabilities. My ISP Modem/Router has a 10Gb port but it's only 1. I will be buying a 2.5gb switch also and a new 2.5gb NAS. The Router part has been a b*tch, i will wait for a sale on that model, it's over $500 right now.

Sales are today's 'regular' prices, don't buy without taking advantage of one.

The switches I'm using for the last couple of years; are 2x QNAP QSW-1105-5T 5-Port Unmanaged 2.5GbE Switch.

Sales are today's 'regular' prices, don't buy without taking advantage of one.

The switches I'm using for the last couple of years; are 2x QNAP QSW-1105-5T 5-Port Unmanaged 2.5GbE Switch.
Black Friday is coming up soon, i can wait it out. I will look at switches after i can get a router. Then it will be the NAS, just wish ISP's would have better settings inside their Routers.

I have been researching it a bit and no Wireguard Support as of now, bit i am guessing it's coming. I don't mind using the App on my laptop for the VPN, but on the Chromecast and Amazon Fire TV speeds really suck like 30Mbps with the VPN active.