What's new

Asus-DSL-AC68U custom firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tomasz Kloczko

New Around Here
Hi,

I have Asus-DSL-AC68U and I know that currently it is not supported and more or less I'm aware that it is not supported.
Despite this I want to ask what could be done to be able (in future) build Merlin firmware with full VDSL support?
In other words .. who people like me can ask to publish necessary documentation and/or some reference driver? and/or why exactly that vdsl modem is not supported? Some patents or what?

My issue is that I need SNMP or zabbix agent on my DSL-AC68U and as long as Asus OOTB firmware does not allow install additional OpenWRT packages value of that box drops significantly.
In other words if it is not possible to build custom OpenWRT based firmware for DSL-AC68U maybe it is some way to modify regular firmware to be able install some additional OpenWRT packages without touching closed source vdsl modem code?
Maybe someone have been trying to do such thing?

kloczek

Hi,

I have Asus-DSL-AC68U and I know that currently it is not supported and more or less I'm aware that it is not supported.
Despite this I want to ask what could be done to be able (in future) build Merlin firmware with full VDSL support?
In other words .. who people like me can ask to publish necessary documentation and/or some reference driver? and/or why exactly that vdsl modem is not supported? Some patents or what?

My issue is that I need SNMP or zabbix agent on my DSL-AC68U and as long as Asus OOTB firmware does not allow install additional OpenWRT packages value of that box drops significantly.
In other words if it is not possible to build custom OpenWRT based firmware for DSL-AC68U maybe it is some way to modify regular firmware to be able install some additional OpenWRT packages without touching closed source vdsl modem code?
Maybe someone have been trying to do such thing?

kloczek

You're not searching nearly good enough.

First stickied post in the forum you're posting on. :rolleyes:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/dsl-ac68u-asuswrt-merlin-builds-for-dsl-routers.55985/

irst stickied post in the forum you're posting on. :rolleyes:

Now you see my point about sticky posts - the more there are, the less likely it is for people to notice them...

There are already too many for my taste, but they're all important enough at this point.

Now you see my point about sticky posts - the more there are, the less likely it is for people to notice them...

There are already too many for my taste, but they're all important enough at this point.
I think the problem is people blindly post and don't even bother to look at existing threads

There is one thing about the sticky posts: other than the pin icon for all 7 of them (and the padlock for 4 of them), there is no strong attention-getter, especially when viewing on a small-screen device. The top 3 are in bold font, but the bottom 4 - on my devices - are not even bold.

I wonder: if the font colouring for the sticky topic title were different to the blue of the rest of the posts, those sticky posts would grab one's attention more than they do now. Red would certainly grab the attention, especially as it would contrast well with the blue of the following posts. No-one would then have any excuse for missing them, not even those viewing on an iPhoneSE :cool:.

There is one thing about the sticky posts: other than the pin icon for all 7 of them (and the padlock for 4 of them), there is no strong attention-getter, especially when viewing on a small-screen device. The top 3 are in bold font, but the bottom 4 - on my devices - are not even bold.

I wonder: if the font colouring for the sticky topic title were different to the blue of the rest of the posts, those sticky posts would grab one's attention more than they do now. Red would certainly grab the attention, especially as it would contrast well with the blue of the following posts. No-one would then have any excuse for missing them, not even those viewing on an iPhoneSE :cool:.

You'd have to ask that to the Xenforo devs...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!