What's new

Asus DSL-AC68U port forwarding not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bigblue

New Around Here
Hi there,

I have recently bought a new Asus DSL-AC68U modem router. When I proceed to canyousee me to check port forwarding after setup, it shows "connection times out".

1. MAC address of my pc has been assigned with a static ip, 192.168.1.xxx in DHCP
2. restart the computer
3. set specific port (protocol: both) to 192.168.1.xxx on port forwarding page in router
4. save the setup
5. test port using canyouseeme, failure
6. allow inbound connection through windows firewall: create inbound rule (protocol: TCP, local port: specific, remote port: default, all port)
7. test port using canyouseeme, failure

PS: also tried to turn on and off UPnP, port forwarding still fails

Is there anything I have done wrong?
Please help. Thanks in advance.

Do you have a service actively listening on 192.168.1.xxx ?

Does your router show that its WAN interface has a public IP address?

Hi Colin
There is a service listening on the port I am opening.

How can I check if the router showing WAN public IP address? (sorry, first time to use Asus)

Log into the router and look at the Network Map page. At the top there's the "Internet status:" that shows "WAN IP:". (At least that's where it is for the RT- models, it might be slightly different for the DSL- models.)

Log into the router and look at the Network Map page. At the top there's the "Internet status:" that shows "WAN IP:". (At least that's where it is for the RT- models, it might be slightly different for the DSL- models.)

yes, Colin.
I can see WAN IP. Internet status is connected.

I have just checked with ISP, and they don't block any port.

yes, it is a public address.

The weird thing happens this morning. When I start the pc and did a port check, it is now open. Now I am totally confused. Does it take some time to get the port open/implemented? Or the router cannot keep the port open at all the time?

we usually use the ddns to sync our wan ip, and make sure i can reach my router all time. if you can reach your router sometimes, it is usually caused by the ISP or DDNS supplier

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!