What's new

Asus DSL-AC68U - WRT access problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

inakaya

Occasional Visitor
I'm currently running the GNUton fork of Merlins firmware (v386.02_6-gnuton1) with Skynet v7.2.5, Diversion v4.1.12, uiDivStats v3.0.0 and connmon v2.11.6 and the swapfile and logs (where they can be set to use it) are on a USB (set to USB 2.0) plugged into the router.

The router has been running at ~70% RAM over the last few days, since installing the firmware last weekend and everything appeared to be working fine, until today when the asuswrt login page became unreachable and I resorted to a hard reboot which has resolved this for the moment.

I didn't try using putty to connect to the router via SSH but, if I could I wondered if there were any commands I could use to stop and restart the webserver/GUI, or alternatively if there was anything else that I could try if the problem re-occurs?

Any advice appreciated.

with latest RMerlin I have on AC68U RAM at 65%
I noticed that if you have LAN Authentication Method set as HTTPS after weeks in my case I cannot log to GUI therefore I have it set as both
additional you can try Firefox browser to log to your router - not sure why but sometimes this one is the only working especially after soft update and 1st login.

with latest RMerlin I have on AC68U RAM at 65%
I noticed that if you have LAN Authentication Method set as HTTPS after weeks in my case I cannot log to GUI therefore I have it set as both
additional you can try Firefox browser to log to your router - not sure why but sometimes this one is the only working especially after soft update and 1st login.
I'm only using http at the moment.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!