What's new

Asus EA-AC87 information from Asus

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

galen2

Occasional Visitor
Hello guys,

I own this device, a device i never had to bought.

I just bought one RT-AC88U and i read on his box.... "Recommended Multi-user MIMO supported client EA-AC87"

What?? its a joke? this AP base never got a firmware with MU-MIMO, even when Asus promise it.

I just talked with Asus support center and they said to me that on his internal info this AP base is bug free, with MU-MIMO support, they dont have beta firmware and they have no plans to update it. His firmware is based on old 374 branch and never got one updated firmware, only a internal beta with a lot of bugs that they never released or posted on website.

Bug free? with Quantenna 5G phone drain? (fixed on RT-AC87U) with bugged beamforming? (Fixed on RT-AC87U) and i repeat, they never released the promised firmware with MU-MIMO Support (added on RT-AC87U).

I post this, to all of u that could think on buy this AP base, to recommend DO NOT BUY, Asus forgot the support on this product and his internal info its a complete fail.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!