What's new

ASUS EA-N66 is stuck

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

svensonZH

New Around Here
my ASUS EA-N66 ethernet adapter got strange behaviour since yesterday. i noticed i could not connect to my home cinema receiver anymore, the receiver uses the EA-N66 to connect to my WLAN.

first i upgraded the firmware on my router (ASUS RT-N66U), as i though the problem might be related to that device. all my computers, tablets and phones could connect to the router, only my home cinema receiver was, still, missing in the devices list.

then i tried to connect to my ethernet adapter EA-N66 using my laptop and and ethernet cable. no answer to http://10.0.1.1 - pressing the reset button on the adapter (bottom) for 5 seconds did the job, successful access to webgui. then running quick internet setup, connecting to my home WLAN, waiting 2 minutes for changes to apply, then again no connection to http://10.0.1.1 - power dis-/reconnect, no change. pressing reset again, OK, choosing WLAN again, stuck again...

- choosing WLAN (SSID/password): NOT OK
- trying button "WPS" pairing between router and ethernet adapter: NOT OK
- upgraded thernet adapter firmware from 1.0.1.7f to 1.0.1.9c: OK
- changing admin password: OK
- manually rebooting from webgui: OK
- choosing WLAN (SSID/password): NOT OK
- pressing reset button: always ok but no solution
- reset to factory settings: ok, but then stuck again after setting WLAN params...

seems to me that firmware and password can be upgraded/changed, but changing any other parameter makes the device crash/unresponsive. in that case no login via webgui and no access to its syslog. pressing the reset button wipes the syslog.

is my ether adapter device broken? defect NVRAM? any other hints on what to try next are greatly appreciated.