What's new

Asus ET12 mesh vs MyQ HomeKit garage door

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

edmartin123

New Around Here
I just installed an Asus ET12 system. Everything is working great, except...

I have 2 Chamberlain garage door openers. I have a MyQ Bridge which connects the openers to HomeKit. I have had them working with HomeKit for years. But since I moved to the new ET12's, the garage door keep falling off of HomeKit ("No Response"). They are fully accessible through the MyQ app (they never disconnect from that). The issue is that they disconnect from HomeKit.

Before you say "you ned to talk top Apple" or "you need to talk to Chamberlain" (I have... and of course, everyone points the finger of blame at someone else), basic testing logic says that the only piece that has changed in my system is/are the new Asus ET12's. So I'm trying to figure out what would cause the MyQ Bridge to disconnect from HomeKit with the new ET12's. I see the MyQ bridge connected to the ET12's - again, that connection never drops. It's always connected to the 2.4 band. Just to be safe, I have tried Wireless Mac Filter to set the MAC address of the MyQ Bridge to reject the 5 & 6 ghz bands. That didn't make a difference.

Does anyone have any experience with the MyQ Bridge, HomeKit and Asus ET12's?

I just installed an Asus ET12 system. Everything is working great, except...

I have 2 Chamberlain garage door openers. I have a MyQ Bridge which connects the openers to HomeKit. I have had them working with HomeKit for years. But since I moved to the new ET12's, the garage door keep falling off of HomeKit ("No Response"). They are fully accessible through the MyQ app (they never disconnect from that). The issue is that they disconnect from HomeKit.

Before you say "you ned to talk top Apple" or "you need to talk to Chamberlain" (I have... and of course, everyone points the finger of blame at someone else), basic testing logic says that the only piece that has changed in my system is/are the new Asus ET12's. So I'm trying to figure out what would cause the MyQ Bridge to disconnect from HomeKit with the new ET12's. I see the MyQ bridge connected to the ET12's - again, that connection never drops. It's always connected to the 2.4 band. Just to be safe, I have tried Wireless Mac Filter to set the MAC address of the MyQ Bridge to reject the 5 & 6 ghz bands. That didn't make a difference.

Does anyone have any experience with the MyQ Bridge, HomeKit and Asus ET12's?
I have one lift master garage door opener and zero trouble with MyQ. My door is at least 7vyears old. I have had zero problems with it connecting and staying connected to my ET12 mesh system.

Have you tried a 2.4 guest network? Some devices can't stay connected with SmartConnect, even with the mac filter. Using a guest network can help.

Have you tried a 2.4 guest network? Some devices can't stay connected with SmartConnect, even with the mac filter. Using a guest network can help.
Yup, use a 2.4 GHZ guest WIFI with a simple passphrase and WPA2. Works fine with MyQ.

I also have MYQ and ET12
I have over 45 devices connected, never had a problem with anything on the ET12.

I use the stable version firmware from December
If that helps
HomeKit and MYQ work perfectly

You may have a faulty bridge, did you try to reset it and set up from scratch?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!