What's new

ASUS GT-AC5300 firmware release 3.0.0.4.384.45713 4/18/2019

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NSNE

Regular Contributor
New firmware for the GT-AC5300 — which is great timing, as mine just arrived today. Changelog reads:

ASUS GT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.45713
2019/04/18, 62.31 MBytes

Security Fix
- Fixed CVE-2018-20334
- Fixed CVE-2018-20336
- Fixed null pointer issue. Thanks for CodeBreaker of STARLabs’ contribution.
- Fixed AiCloud buffer overflow vulnerability. Thanks for Resecurity International's contribution.

Bug Fix
- Fixed AiMesh LAN IP issue when router using IPv6 WAN.
- Fixed AiMesh connection issues.
- Fixed Network Map related issues.
- Fixed Download Master icon disappear issue.
- Fixed LAN LED not blinking problem.
- Fixed browser no response problem when enabled Traffic analyzer.
- Fixed wireless mac filter input issue.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 9558196da53500a2a8cbf43684c8b8d4

Interested to know if this restores the tri-band capabilities to dual-band AiMesh setups.

Interested to know if this restores the tri-band capabilities to dual-band AiMesh setups.

I am too! Let us know and make sure you test after doing a full reset to factory defaults first. :)

Oops, Was excited ... But, just realized that it is not RT-AC5300:( Waiting ...

It doesn't restore the 2nd 5ghz radio.
It's a minor update so I decided not to do a factory reset.
I'm still waiting for that big update that was promised and I'll reset it after that.

Thanks for information. So sad that the Tri-band is still missing (specifically for those of us who have WIRED Backhaul). Still waiting for RT-AC5300 Firmware Update.

Don't remind me! I had plenty of discussions with them back in December. With strong proposals coming from them, good additions from me. They seemed to get the point.
I'm not loosing patience! I strongly believe it will get solved!
On the good side: this time I had a good 46 days uptime with no radio going rogue! Yes, I've manually put an SSID for the 2nd 5GHz radio and I'm connecting only high speed devices on it. I would love to have Smart Connect back for all radios (or at least for both 5GHz radios like I used to have), but at least it's nice to have it stable for a good while.

It's a minor update so I decided not to do a factory reset.
I'm still waiting for that big update that was promised and I'll reset it after that.

If a reset to factory defaults wasn't performed, how do we know? :)

Thanks for information. So sad that the Tri-band is still missing (specifically for those of us who have WIRED Backhaul). Still waiting for RT-AC5300 Firmware Update.

Even if the information posted turns out to be 'correct', it is not fully proven either. ;)

There are no TriBand routers available that I know of. Tri-Radio is the better term. :)

I can confirm that, even with the current firmware, the 5GHz #2 radio is lost to dedicated backhaul on an AiMesh setup on a fresh, straight-out-of-the-box GT-AC5300.

All my ios devices lost airprint capabilities! Worked perfectly on the last firmware.
Any suggestions?

CC

I can confirm that, even with the current firmware, the 5GHz #2 radio is lost to dedicated backhaul on an AiMesh setup on a fresh, straight-out-of-the-box GT-AC5300.

Even if the router shipped with 45713 firmware (which, I know it didn't) that doesn't really 'prove' anything, sorry.

See post 8.

If you want to really know, please do a full M&M Config, including a proper WPS NVRAM erase and a 'format jffs partition on next boot' and then flash the 45713 firmware again followed by a final full M&M Config once more.

As above, I don't know if this is fixed or not, or what the results may be after following the above suggestions, but the reports so far are not based on the router starting from a good/known state either on this latest firmware. :)

All my ios devices lost airprint capabilities! Worked perfectly on the last firmware.
Any suggestions?

CC

To answer my own question, I factory reset, reflashed, factory reset again and then manually entered all my info.
Now it works perfectly.

CC

have you tried to open ports in port forwarding and check them if they are open via web tools?
thanks

New firmware for the GT-AC5300 — which is great timing, as mine just arrived today. Changelog reads:

ASUS GT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.45713
2019/04/18, 62.31 MBytes

Security Fix
- Fixed CVE-2018-20334
- Fixed CVE-2018-20336
- Fixed null pointer issue. Thanks for CodeBreaker of STARLabs’ contribution.
- Fixed AiCloud buffer overflow vulnerability. Thanks for Resecurity International's contribution.

Bug Fix
- Fixed AiMesh LAN IP issue when router using IPv6 WAN.
- Fixed AiMesh connection issues.
- Fixed Network Map related issues.
- Fixed Download Master icon disappear issue.
- Fixed LAN LED not blinking problem.
- Fixed browser no response problem when enabled Traffic analyzer.
- Fixed wireless mac filter input issue.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 9558196da53500a2a8cbf43684c8b8d4

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!