What's new

Asus GT-AC5300 Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384.81099

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NSNE

Regular Contributor
New firmware is out for the GT-AC5300.

Version 3.0.0.4.384.81099 changelog:

Security fix

• Fixed a DDoS vulnerability. Thanks for Altin Thartori's contribution.
Bug fix
  • Fixed web control interface login problem.
  • Fixed Network map clist list issues.
  • Fixed VPN fusion related bugs.
  • Fixed block internet access problem when clients connected to AiMesh node
  • Fixed Samba server compatibility issue.
  • Fixed OpenVPN related bugs.
  • Fixed schedule reboot bugs.
  • Improved AiMesh compatibility.
  • Improved system stability.
  • Fixed User interface related bugs.

Link to Asus' support page.

Thanks for the heads up,

Installed, interface looks better. So far no problems, running with an RT86u as a node.

CC

Here's an interesting bug: I prefer my LEDs to be switched off, but after the firmware update, the LAN LED—and only the LAN LED—stays illuminated through button toggles and reboots. Anyone else seeing this or able to replicate it?

They removed the option to prioritize bandwith by device! It used to be under the Game Boot section, unless
I am not finding it. Anyone?

CC

They removed the option to prioritize bandwith by device! It used to be under the Game Boot section, unless
I am not finding it. Anyone?

Look under "Traffic Analyzer". That's where you'll find the "QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor".

unfortunately happiness was short. Last week, it started again with unprovoked restarts and dropped wifi. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

I am also having nothing but problems with this firmware version (ASUS GT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.81099)
Ever since install I'm getting constant wireless disconnects; if I watch the LED's I see the 2.4 and 5g lights go out (randomly) then come back on. I've turned off AI Protection and Smart Connect but still getting random disconnects...I'm seriously questioning whether or not to stay with Asus at this point.

Anyone have a suggested roll-back firmware version?

Asus routers with 8 ports a weak point! RMA department in the store where I buy the router certifies this.
Anyone here who have another asus 8 port port that works well?

I am considering to buy a RT-AC88 or RT-AX88. They have support for the Melin firmware which many people praise.