What's new

ASUS GT-AC5300 (Japan version)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ZigMut

New Around Here
Dear colleagues,
Could you please advice how to change language of latest firmware of GT-AC5300, I bought and use it in Japan, but now I need to change user (Administrative) interface on English, unfortunately I could not find the options to change on any other languages. Thank you in advance for any advises.

seems to be no way, they regional limited "as sold" or even less, my chinese 86U had all languages and with last firmware only chinese and english remainded :mad:
If cfe is not encrypted you probably got the chance to change it to other region (working for 68U) but not on 86U, dont know for yours.

seems to be no way, they regional limited "as sold" or even less, my chinese 86U had all languages and with last firmware only chinese and english remainded :mad:
If cfe is not encrypted you probably got the chance to change it to other region (working for 68U) but not on 86U, dont know for yours.
Thx a lot Grisu for information, could you please let me know more about CFE, and how can I try to change this region, any resources our steps how can I do it would be very appreciated.

sorry no knowledge about GT-5300 not even if cfe is encrypted on that making it impossible, only know on 68U it would works fine.
Dont think you would get support for your request in this forum, they are very ridiculous about changing region, because US could use it to get more chanels, ignoring that others only need it after relocation.

Sell it in Japan and buy a new one would be best way!

sorry no knowledge about GT-5300 not even if cfe is encrypted on that making it impossible, only know on 68U it would works fine.
Dont think you would get support for your request in this forum, they are very ridiculous about changing region, because US could use it to get more chanels, ignoring that others only need it after relocation.

This is what I plan to do, to sell it and buy new one. But it is soO ridiculous, waste a time :(
Thx a lot anyway.

Does seem a little silly that the region is tied to the language selection. What if I'm in the US but want to read the GUI in Japanese or whatever. I should be able to select a new language without it interfering with the "region" settings and all that entails.

Does seem a little silly that the region is tied to the language selection. What if I'm in the US but want to read the GUI in Japanese or whatever. I should be able to select a new language without it interfering with the "region" settings and all that entails.
They did same on my chinese RT-AC86U, had all languages and with latest firmware all have gone remaining Chinese and luckily English, otherwise could throw it away ...!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!