What's new

Asus GT AX11000 internet set up using Netgear as Modem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

adnarka

New Around Here
All

I'm looking for help after spending many hours on the phone with both TPG (my ISP) and Asus help, neither of whom seem to be able to find a solution for me.

I have recently purchased an Asus GT AX11000 router (for those not familiar this is a router only no modem built in) specifically for the purpose of setting up NordVPN for most of my home network.

Currently have a Netgear Nighthawk X4S D7800 (AC2600 VDSL/ADSL) modem router which works fine and although NordVPN works with the Netgear you can't install the VPN client on the actual router, it must be on the PC - hence the need for the Asus for all other devices in the home, i.e. two seperate networks.

Problem is I can't get the Asus to connect to the internet via the Netgear modem (LAN out of Netgear into WAN of Asus). I believe it should be possible but even Asus help could get it to work - well unless I set it as an AP, which then won't let the VPN run so a bit pointless really.

I have tried using an Archer VR1600v (TPG supplied) as a modem direct to the Asus (turned off the Netgear) but still can't get Asus to connect to the internet (again even Asus help couldn't get it running).

I'm either trying to do something that can't be done or I'm just missing a basic step.

Has anyone had similar problems with setting up the Asus AX11000?

Or more importantly does anyone have any ideas as to how to set up the network arrangement I'm trying to get, cheers

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!