What's new

Release ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.386.49273 (2022/06/07)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

visortgw

Very Senior Member
Flashed this new firmware last night with factory reset after flash...working well today. The previous version was stable for me, so I'm not getting a lot of benefit out of the "improved system stability" *smile*. I have a vanilla home network, so stability isn't really that hard here.

Only half a day on it at this point, but off to a good start.

Update: Still doing great after a couple of days. Very happy with this one.

Update 2: Still doing well after several days, but new RMerlin Beta up for the AX6000. May have to switch to that *smile*. Be more relaxing on the eyes.

Last edited:
I had to back out and moved to Merlin 386.6 where my 5 X GT-AX6000 mesh is rock solid.

In my case the GT-AX6000 3 nodes that were daisy chained off each other dropped out (and disappeared from Mesh) when all AX6000's were at this level. The node that was directly connected to the router without any daisy chained nodes remained active at this firmware level.

Encountered the exact same issue with Merlin 386.7 ; had to rebuild everything back to Merlin 386.6 and all is fine now. How do I get this info to Asus ? Their latter firmware has issues when you daisy chain a node off a node.

PS At one point I had 1 router and 2 nodes directly connected to it with this latest release (and Merlin 386.7). Once a daisy chained another node off one of these nodes that cluster disappeared from the Mesh. Stuck on 386.6 for the foreseeable future, too old and scared to take a new firmware version and run into this issue.

PS2 - All routers connected via ethernet

I had to back out and moved to Merlin 386.6 where my 5 X GT-AX6000 mesh is rock solid.

In my case the GT-AX6000 3 nodes that were daisy chained off each other dropped out (and disappeared from Mesh) when all AX6000's were at this level. The node that was directly connected to the router without any daisy chained nodes remained active at this firmware level.

Encountered the exact same issue with Merlin 386.7 ; had to rebuild everything back to Merlin 386.6 and all is fine now. How do I get this info to Asus ? Their latter firmware has issues when you daisy chain a node off a node.

PS At one point I had 1 router and 2 nodes directly connected to it with this latest release (and Merlin 386.7). Once a daisy chained another node off one of these nodes that cluster disappeared from the Mesh. Stuck on 386.6 for the foreseeable future, too old and scared to take a new firmware version and run into this issue.

PS2 - All routers connected via ethernet

Been using 386.7 for several days now. Works perfectly for me, 160MHz. channel width on 5GHz. is working well, everything working. Of course, I don't need more nodes with the GT-AX6000, wrieless from one node covers my house very well. So AiMesh doesn't figure into it for me.

Been using 386.7 for several days now. Works perfectly for me, 160MHz. channel width on 5GHz. is working well, everything working. Of course, I don't need more nodes with the GT-AX6000, wrieless from one node covers my house very well. So AiMesh doesn't figure into it for me.
Yes I agree, as a stand alone router or with aimesh nodes directly attached it is all good. Had it running like that (router + 2 nodes) for an hour or so until I added a node off a node and it all crashed. That was with 386.7 and the latest available build from Asus. Too spooked to go forward from 386.6 where all works perfectly.

Good evening! I recently bought the router in question but I have a problem: client isolation doesn't seem to work in any way. Anyone notice the same problem? How can I report this to ASUS?

Good evening! I recently bought the router in question but I have a problem: client isolation doesn't seem to work in any way. Anyone notice the same problem? How can I report this to ASUS?
Use the Feedback form under Administration.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!