What's new

Release ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22068

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Spartan

Download = https://rog.asus.com/networking/rog-rapture-gt-ax6000-model/helpdesk_download/

Version 3.0.0.4.388.22068
54.82 MB
1. Improved system stability.
2. Fixed the IPsec VPN compatibility issue with Win10.
3. Fixed the VPN fusion user interface issues under the HTTPS connection.
4. Fixed Client DOM Stored XSS vulnerability.
5. Improved Wireguard performance.
6. Fixed the WAN setting GUI bugs.
Direct Download link: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/GT-AX6000/FW_GT_AX6000_300438822068.zip

Do not forget to right-click on the file you just downloaded, go to Properties, then check the unblock button at the bottom if it says it was blocked because it came from the internet. If you don't do this, it might lead to erroneous installation as the file wouldn't have the proper privileges.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 38bc8628f5bf44f001dc0f554036620f

Last edited:
I am having all kinds of issues with this version. My Sonos keeps disconnecting, and I loose 5G network randomly as devices disconnect. I migrated to Merlin 388.1 and all issue resolved.

I am having all kinds of issues with this version. My Sonos keeps disconnecting, and I loose 5G network randomly as devices disconnect. I migrated to Merlin 388.1 and all issue resolved.
I'm on almost 5 days now and seems good for me

Works well here, except for one detail that I've noticed. The clients (security cameras) on the 2.4GHz. repeater in my garage (RT-AX3000) aren't listed on the GT-AX6000 client list as they have been before on every firmware version I've tried since I added the repeater. Inconvenient, since I have to go to the web admin interface for the repeater and look in the wireless log there to verify that they're online. It was nice to be able to look at the client list in one place, on the AX6000, and see all our clients listed. Not a big deal, just a matter of convenience in this case.

I did try giving the cameras that are on the repeater static addresses in hopes that they'd be put in the client list on the AX6000. That only worked when the cameras were directly connected to the AX6000. Once they shifted to the repeater, they disappeared again.

Anyways, I've gone back to RMerlin's 388.1, easier to see that all's well (or not) *smile*.

Last edited:
Anyone notice the very unresponsive web interface compared to version 49556?

Been using this firmware for several weeks now, no problems with the web admin interface here. Must have something to do with configuration, then? Real simple here, just the GT-AX6000 main router, RT-AX3000 repeater, and RT-AX86U media bridge. No use of AiMesh, which has made life a bit simpler *smile*.

I've noticed no TrendMicro components use on AX86U (same firmware release 22068) makes the WebUI more responsive. Some people say it's really bad to unusable and reverted to previous firmware, some say it's okay. I clearly see freezes compared to older firmware versions, but with no TrendMicro it's almost normal. Other things I found broken with IPv6 Native enabled on AX86U, not sure if it's the same on GT-AX6000. Details in AX86U release thread.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!