What's new

Release ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.23285 (2023/05/12)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Civ

Occasional Visitor
ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.23285
55.65 MB | 2023/05/12

Bug fixes and functionality modifications:
  • The ARP response issue has been resolved, along with the connection issue between the router and the ROG Phone 6 and 7.
  • Resolved the issue where the USB path is not displayed on the Media Server page in the AiMesh node
  • Resolved the Download Master login issue. Please click the update link in the USB Application to update it.

Security updates:
  • Fixed the cfg server vulnerability. Thanks to Swing and Wang Duo from Chaitin Security Research Lab.
  • Fixed the vulnerability in the logmessage function. Thanks to Swing and Wang Duo from Chaitin Security Research Lab C0ss4ck from Bytedance Wuheng Lab, Feixincheng from X1cT34m.

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256: af33eab328a4247d72299835d3e11ca4fda80f7206e4aaa331c7737b35b29d40

Last edited:
Just updated to this, we'll see how it does over the next day or so.

sam

Just updated, not doing a factory reset, did one last weekend. Issue i had that was fixed a few days ago was the Dl Master not logging in. I was able to fix it with help from a member, changed the password, made it longer and added a symbol and capital letter. But glad it's been fixed, never worked since i purchased my router in October 2022.

What is "ARP response"

What is "ARP response"
I had no clue either, so i googled and this is a google answer and not mine... ARP broadcasts a request packet to all the machines on the LAN and asks if any of the machines are using that particular IP address. When a machine recognizes the IP address as its own, it sends a reply so ARP can update the cache for future reference and proceed with the communication.

Dirty upgrade, so far so good.

No thanks.
After such an awful experience with constant wifi drops in the April update, and no mention of any stability fixes, I'm not gonna even bother.

Just downgraded to 386 as my "new firmware release", and finally enjoying some free time not trying to reconnect 50+ devices.

...please forgive my cynicism.

Did an upgrade from the previous official firmware but got a disconnection within like 30 mins requiring a router reboot so I then reset the router to factory and now it's working perfectly.

So 2 weeks later no problems with this firmware and from the lack of any posts in this thread, I'm guessing it's working for everyone else as well.

sam

Been working well for me. No problems, just keeps on cruising *smile*. Did a factory reset after the upgrade, but I was coming from 388.2_2, so I felt that it was appropriate.

So 2 weeks later no problems with this firmware and from the lack of any posts in this thread, I'm guessing it's working for everyone else as well.

sam

Indeed, very stable firmware.

Buffetbloat.png

Just got my router today and upgraded to latest firmware...had disconnection after that but Working perfect so far after reboot. Just trying to make sense of region setting in wifi-- professional settings. By default it's set to Asia. But I live in Australia. Should I change it ?

Greetings everyone and Thanks princi. changed to Australia region but didn't really noticed much of a change in terms of coverage/speed so Reverted back to default settings after installing some cat6 cables this morning and resetting ONT/Router. I am getting really good speed on my phone.. Pretty much same as PC. Only thing is ..on Phone my latency use to be around 5ms with old AC68U. Which is now around 8ms. Not sure if I am doing anything wrong.
I am new to tweaking around with router settings but I look forward to learning few things 🙂

The reason to change your country setting to Australia is not so that you get some sort benefit.

You might be getting good speeds but what about your neighbours? You’ll most likely be “stepping on their toes”, using frequencies that are not authorised for use in Australia, and creating problems for them.

It’s a bit like a seriously obese person sitting in the middle seat in economy - what about the people sitting next to him?

Thank princi

Just found this online. Apparently I am still a good neighbour. And I will avoid throwing popcorns on other people next flight 😀

It seems they use pretty much same frequencies

Frequency Bands: In Asia, the commonly used Wi-Fi frequency bands are 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, following the global standard.
  • 2.4 GHz Band: The 2.4 GHz band in Asia typically spans from 2.412 GHz to 2.484 GHz, providing 13 channels with 20 MHz channel width.
  • 5 GHz Band: The 5 GHz band in Asia covers the frequency range from 5.150 GHz to 5.825 GHz. It offers a larger number of channels compared to the 2.4 GHz band, allowing for higher data rates and reduced interference
  • frequency Bands: Australia follows the standard Wi-Fi frequency bands used globally.
  • 2.4 GHz Band: The 2.4 GHz band in Australia has the same frequency range as other regions, from 2.412 GHz to 2.484 GHz, with 13 channels available.
  • 5 GHz Band: The 5 GHz band in Australia generally ranges from 5.150 GHz to 5.825 GHz. It provides numerous channels, both non-DFS and DFS channels, for improved performance and reduced interference

It's not always simply the frequencies used, the other variable is allowed power level, which can vary from region to region.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!