What's new

ASUS GT-AX6000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Low Timer

Occasional Visitor
Hello, I'm new to forum with a problem I haven't been able to resolve. I had been using an ASUS AC86U router for many years in our home, then replaced it with a GT-AX6000 when my daughter purchased a home needing my AC86U. Still have stock firmware on both routers which has served my needs. Replacing the AC86U with the AX6000 has been mostly trouble free with the exception of my Chamberlain MyQ opener. On the AC86U, I had three wireless networks, primary and 2 guest networks ( 1 for wireless devices such as Chamberlain and 1 for guests ). When I installed the AX6000, I set up the same 3 wireless networks. All devices connect without issue with the exception of the Chamberlain openers. The only way I can get the Chamberlain openers to connect to the AX6000 wifi is by disabling the 2 guest networks. If there is any other wireless network enabled on the AX6000, the Chamberlain openers will not connect. As soon as I disable all wireless networks other than the primary wifi, the Chamberlain openers will connect immediately. Seems odd, but I haven't been able to resolve this issue. I'm using the same 3 SSIDs as I did with the AC86U. Tried different SSIDs for the guest wifi networks without success With the last firmware upgrade for the AX6000, my old guest network interface changed to Guest Network Pro. I was able to located the old interface by typing guest network in the AX6000 FAQ search box.

Has anyone experienced similar issues or have any suggestions?

Thanks

MyQ needs a 2.4 GHz WIFI with WPA2 Authentication Method. I use the 2.4 GHz Guest 1 with no connection problems. I have a couple of other clients that use the same settings. Use a SSID with alpha, uppercase and/or lower case, numeric passphrase with no spaces. I usually say do not use special characters but I do use a dash (-). Other guest networks should not matter.
If you continue to have issues you may want to drop back to the last Asus 388 code base firmware or Merlin 3004.388.4 firmware.

MyQ needs a 2.4 GHz WIFI with WPA2 Authentication Method. I use the 2.4 GHz Guest 1 with no connection problems. I have a couple of other clients that use the same settings. Use a SSID with alpha, uppercase and/or lower case, numeric passphrase with no spaces. I usually say do not use special characters but I do use a dash (-). Other guest networks should not matter.
If you continue to have issues you may want to drop back to the last Asus 388 code base firmware or Merlin 3004.388.4 firmware.
This is how my primary network and guest network is configured. It's odd MyQ drops from the primary network and will not re-connect when I enable the guest network. As soon as I disable the guest network, MyQ will immediately reconnect. Haven't discovered why the guest network would cause any problems with MyQ on the primary network. I haven't tried rolling back the firmware on the AX6000 yet.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks

@Low Timer

Although I don't own a GT-AX6000, I do have an AX88U-PRO running Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_21514 (same as GT-AX6000). And, although my experience is a little different than yours, I have observed unusual 2.4Ghz WiFi performance/interference using Guest Network Pro > Guest Network.

In my case, I deleted the "Guest Network" and instead created a "Customized Network" for the same use case. My 2.4Ghz WiFi clients were able to connect to other networks when "Guest Network" was removed.

As a test, you may want to try removing your Guest Network and replacing it with a "Customized Network".

This may or may not help but try disabling ax on the network that the MyQ is using. I had friend who after getting a new xfinity gateway had issues with one of their devices that was using the 2.4 GHz network. Once we disabled ax on that network it connected just fine.

@Low Timer

Although I don't own a GT-AX6000, I do have an AX88U-PRO running Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_21514 (same as GT-AX6000). And, although my experience is a little different than yours, I have observed unusual 2.4Ghz WiFi performance/interference using Guest Network Pro > Guest Network.

In my case, I deleted the "Guest Network" and instead created a "Customized Network" for the same use case. My 2.4Ghz WiFi clients were able to connect to other networks when "Guest Network" was removed.

As a test, you may want to try removing your Guest Network and replacing it with a "Customized Network".
I will try a "Customized Network", haven't tried it.

Appreciate the suggestion

Thanks

This may or may not help but try disabling ax on the network that the MyQ is using. I had friend who after getting a new xfinity gateway had issues with one of their devices that was using the 2.4 GHz network. Once we disabled ax on that network it connected just fine.
I tried disabling ax, but had the same results. MyQ drops and will not reconnect until the guest network is disabled.

Appreciate your suggestion.

Thanks

@Low Timer

I deleted the "Guest Network" and created a "Customized Network", MyQ disconnected as soon as the "Customized Network" was enabled. Disabled the newly created "Customized Network", MyQ immediately reconnected. Strange Behavior.

Thanks again for your suggestion!

You know that the 3.0.0.6. branch i.e. 3.0.0.6.102_21514 is basically a Beta FW...?
Go to 3.0.0.4. ASUS or RMerlin.

You know that the 3.0.0.6. branch i.e. 3.0.0.6.102_21514 is basically a Beta FW...?
Go to 3.0.0.4. ASUS or RMerlin.
I knew ASUS released 3.0.0.6 in June, but didn't realize it was Beta. I need to read up on using Merlin vs stock. I seen Merlin discussed a bit, but never explored it on my router.

Appreciate your help!

Not beta per se, but so new basically same as if it is 😁

On the opposite, i have problems with Merlin 388.4 and no iussue with stable 3.0.0.6.102_21514

On the opposite, i have problems with Merlin 388.4 and no iussue with stable 3.0.0.6.102_21514
I have several wifi devices in our home, MyQ is the only one disconnecting with the enabling of a guest network. Yesterday, I reset the MyQ network. It would not re-add the network with a guest network enabled. Once I disabled the guest network, MyQ was able to add a network connection. Odd to say the least with my experience.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!