What's new

ASUS GT-AXE16000 - Disable SIP ALG

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

trameltanz

Occasional Visitor
I use this router for work and I need to disable SIP_ALG so that my VoIP desk phone with PoE does not disconnected after 15 mins

I have disabled it in the NAT PASSTHROUGH tab but historically I have had to disable it over SSH

This is the command I usually run:
nvram set nf_sip=0
nvram commit

When I run nvram get nf_sip I the router from SSH it does not return any info, I get just another prompt.

So BEFORE I run the command is there a separate command built into NVRAM for this model? Is this why I do not get ANY returned data from the "nvram get nf_sip"?

Thank you for any help!

I don't believe that variable is applicable to the HND routers. Have you tested it, it might just work already?

I think there's no reason to disable SIP_ALG option for the latest routers. You can enable this with NAT Helper (Enable +NAT Helper)

I use this router for work and I need to disable SIP_ALG so that my VoIP desk phone with PoE does not disconnected after 15 mins

I have disabled it in the NAT PASSTHROUGH tab but historically I have had to disable it over SSH

This is the command I usually run:
nvram set nf_sip=0
nvram commit

When I run nvram get nf_sip I the router from SSH it does not return any info, I get just another prompt.

So BEFORE I run the command is there a separate command built into NVRAM for this model? Is this why I do not get ANY returned data from the "nvram get nf_sip"?

Thank you for any help!
I use Vonnage as my SIP VOIP service for a landline replacement. All I did was allocate a fixed IP addresss to the SIP Terminal Adapter device and then allocated a DMZ to that device. I did have one way voice before and No Ring before I did this. It has worked flawlessly since I did this.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!