What's new

Release ASUS GT-AXE16000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22525 (20/2/2023)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ehajjar

Occasional Visitor
Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_22525

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
1. Fixed CVE-2022-46871
2. Fixed Client DOM Stored XSS.
3. Improved AiMesh backhaul stability.
4. Fixed AiMesh topology UI bugs.
5. Fixed the reboot issue when assigning specific clients in VPN fusion.
6. Fixed the VPN fusion bug when importing the Surfshark WireGuard conf file.
7. Fixed network map bugs.
8. Fixed WI-Fi 6E connection issue with phones.
9. Fixed port status UI bugs.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...00438822525.zip?model=ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000

Last edited:

1. Fixed CVE-2022-46871

1. Fixed CVE-2022-46871

Great find. The site I always check for the firmware updates does not list it.
Can you give me the URL so I can have for ruture use.

CC

After upgrading the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.388.22250 this morning, I'm unable to log on to GT-AXE16000 web UI. I have tried rebooting my router including AI Mesh nodes without any luck. All devices seem to be connected (and running fine) but I just can't access the router's home page (192.168.1.1) after entering userid/password.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

Hoping Merlin gets a build up soon for this update, as the Wifi 6E issues are a real PIA. Basically useless in its current state on this router.

Hoping Merlin gets a build up soon for this update, as the Wifi 6E issues are a real PIA. Basically useless in its current state on this router.
I tried to look on the forum about 6GHz problems you're having with AXE16000. But I'm unable to find anything. My search shows you talking about an AXE11000 few months back,
Please describe the problem's you are seeing or link me to your related post.

After upgrading the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.388.22250 this morning, I'm unable to log on to GT-AXE16000 web UI. I have tried rebooting my router including AI Mesh nodes without any luck. All devices seem to be connected (and running fine) but I just can't access the router's home page (192.168.1.1) after entering userid/password.

Clean or dirty upgrade?

I tried to look on the forum about 6GHz problems you're having with AXE16000. But I'm unable to find anything. My search shows you talking about an AXE11000 few months back,
Please describe the problem's you are seeing or link me to your related post.

There's the crux of it!

Looks like I automatically got this last night. Everything seems to be working however, I have a ton of these messages in syslog

Code:
Feb 20 13:02:52 kernel: netlink: 12 bytes leftover after parsing attributes in process `ip'.

to log in type 192.168.50.1 in your web browser

CC

Original Poster please fix the subject line as you have the wrong revision number.
Its 22525 NOT 22250.

CC

I’m guessing it’s SSL / port 8443 related.

I can’t access that page can also mean: I don’t understand the error msg.

It is not port related. After entering router login and password, the site was trying to load the Web GUI but never completed.

Anyway, I have rolled back to previous firmware after performing a hard reset and everything seems to be working fine now.

It is not port related. After entering router login and password, the site was trying to load the Web GUI but never completed.

Anyway, I have rolled back to previous firmware after performing a hard reset and everything seems to be working fine now.
Have I understood you right if you performed a hard reset, and then was able to login and roll back to a previous fw?

If so, why did you roll back if the problem was that you was not able to login, or did you experience some other problems also?

Have I understood you right if you performed a hard reset, and then was able to login and roll back to a previous fw?

Correct, I was only able to log on to Web UI, after I performed a hard reset which I was trying to avoid from the beginning. This is the first time, I had to do 'hard re-set' after upgrading the firmware. Then I needed to re-build my AI Mesh network.

If so, why did you roll back if the problem was that you was not able to login, or did you experience some other problems also?

I noticed slowness in Web GUI with the new firmware. I didn't feel that the new version is stable. So I rolled back to the previous firmware.

Correct, I was only able to log on to Web UI, after I performed a hard reset which I was trying to avoid from the beginning. This is the first time, I had to do 'hard re-set' after upgrading the firmware. Then I needed to re-build my AI Mesh network.

I noticed slowness in Web GUI with the new firmware. I didn't feel that the new version is stable. So I rolled back to the previous firmware.
In the prosess of rebuilding your router/AI Mesh network on the new firmware, did you by any chance load a previously saved backup/config file saved on a older firmware. Or did you type in all the necessary new configuration by hand?

And if you performed the hard reset in the firmware, did you tick the initialize box next to it?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!