ASUS Login Not Secure

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

ROO2020

Occasional Visitor
My ASUS router for my GT-AX11000 shows when I login, that it is Not Secure. Shows the same on Chrome or Safari. How can I correct? I sent info on this to ASUS, and I totally believe most of their support group has no clue about their own technology.

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture
My ASUS router for my GT-AX11000 shows when I login, that it is Not Secure. Shows the same on Chrome or Safari. How can I correct? I sent info on this to ASUS, and I totally believe most of their support group has no clue about their own technology.

It's not a problem unless your LAN is compromised by bad actors wanting to snoop on your router administration. Looks like this using the MS Edge browser:

1616939374506.png

If you want to use https, then configure the router to use it.

OE

tmcb82

Regular Contributor
Very little LAN traffic is encrypted. If someone gains access to your WiFi then I would more worried about other lan-to-lan unencrypted traffic than my router password. When this does occur you router settings are either not correct (or a poor WiFi password) or it's a family member. Moral, LAN-to-LAN traffic doesn't need to be encrypted only LAN-to-WAN should.