What's new

Asus Lyra and disabling dhcp server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tmtb

New Around Here
Hello all,

I need your help because I have a set of Asus Lyra routers and I would like to have a separate DHCP server.

I searched in google and i found that Lyra's asuswrt would have an option in LAN -> DHCP Server -> Enable the DHCP server.
I cannot find this option, my top option is "Lyra's Domain Name" when i found screenshots having the "Enable the DHCP server" option before this one.

Is this option disabled from somewhere else?
Was it removed in a firmware update?

Thank you.

The DHCP server is only available in Router mode. It won't appear if you are in AP or Repeater mode.

Thank you for the reply.

This option would lead me to other problems, namely with ISP set top box not working and thus me not having tv, because of setting a custom DNS in the ISP's router
(i tried it, it was not pretty).

Is there no way to have the dhcp server disabled in a Lyra without doing this?
I found this in google:
1603656266695.png

while mine shows:
1603656424866.png

I'll probably have to buy a new router that allows this and just set the lyras as APs, as you suggested, but i'd like to avoid the extra cost if possible.

Thank you for the reply.

This option would lead me to other problems, namely with ISP set top box not working and thus me not having tv, because of setting a custom DNS in the ISP's router
(i tried it, it was not pretty).

Is there no way to have the dhcp server disabled in a Lyra without doing this?
I found this in google:
View attachment 27164

while mine shows:
View attachment 27165

I'll probably have to buy a new router that allows this and just set the lyras as APs, as you suggested, but i'd like to avoid the extra cost if possible.

If you are not in router mode, then your Lyra will not run the DHCP server, hence there is no option to disable it - it's already disabled.

Edit: I think i misunderstood your post and if that's the case, just for clarification, my routers are in router mode, and the option to disable dhcp is not there.

Original post:
My knowledge on networks is limited, so please bear with me.

Right now I have the ISP router creating a 192.168.1.0 network, and then the main Lyra connected to an ethernet port in the 1st router and it creates a 192.168.X.0 network.

I thought if I put the Lyras in AP mode the 192.168.X.0 network would no longer exist and all dhcp requests would be processed by the ISP router.

What I would like to do is have the ISP router handling dhcp for 192.168.1.0, and keep the 192.168.X.0 network but with a pihole as dhcp server.
Can I still do this with the Lyras in AP mode?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!