What's new

ASUS Lyra and odd traffic

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

smg

New Around Here
Hello All,

I recently picked up an Lyra mesh setup, and have started encountering issues with random drops of the client devices.

To set the stage. My Lyra devices are in AP mode. The upstream router is a Meraki MX unit.
The Lyra devices are at fixed IP addresses (.2, .236, .237 ) within the network.

During my troubleshooting of the client drops I have been collecting wireshark captures and have noted that the Lyra nodes seem to be trying to communicate off network using TCP ports 7788 and 5061.

The connection to the TCP5061 port was shown as successful to an IP of 210.65.113.148 (taiwan ISP).

Has anyone else using the Lyra product seen this take place in either the Router mode or the AP mode?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

The connection to the TCP5061 port was shown as successful to an IP of 210.65.113.148 (taiwan ISP).

that maybe something to do with aiprotect

i assume you have updated lyra to the latest fw

at this stage there is not a lot of feedback on the lyra as its gone quite on the asus front and the uptake hasnt been what most expected

that maybe something to do with aiprotect

i assume you have updated lyra to the latest fw

at this stage there is not a lot of feedback on the lyra as its gone quite on the asus front and the uptake hasnt been what most expected

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the reply. I have filed a service report with ASUS on this as well. From what the documentation (as limited as it is) states the AIProtect feature should be turned off in the AP mode.

Firmware is the most recent available, and I have asked ASUS technical for access to any Beta revisions as well.

Shaun.

Hello All,
Has anyone else using the Lyra product seen this take place in either the Router mode or the AP mode?
smg, you might try pinging NorCaliTechie on this Amazon review thread. He's technically inclined and is/was very much into the Lyra. The discussion hasn't been very active of late, though...

smg, you might try pinging NorCaliTechie on this Amazon review thread. He's technically inclined and is/was very much into the Lyra. The discussion hasn't been very active of late, though...

I noticed this same traffic being reported by Untangle. I have layered ASUS routers/AP running Merlin's latest builds fronted by a vanilla ASUS. Since Untangle sits in front of everything, I created firewall rule to block the traffic.

Hello All,

I recently picked up an Lyra mesh setup, and have started encountering issues with random drops of the client devices.

To set the stage. My Lyra devices are in AP mode. The upstream router is a Meraki MX unit.
The Lyra devices are at fixed IP addresses (.2, .236, .237 ) within the network.

During my troubleshooting of the client drops I have been collecting wireshark captures and have noted that the Lyra nodes seem to be trying to communicate off network using TCP ports 7788 and 5061.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I have problem in setting up Lyra in AP mode butt well. I have contacted ASUS support for several times, but still not working stable.

Note: I have AIProtect disabled.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!