What's new

Asus Merlin Addons

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MatteoPV

Hello everyone. I would like to fully customize my Asus DSL AC 68 U to which I installed the Merlin firmware modified by GHUton. It works fine apart from an NVRAM saturation message.
I wanted to try some addons but how do I install them ??? I notice in the explanations that there should be an 'addons' entry on my modem / router control page that I don't have. Do I need to activate something?

You need to install an addon first for that tab to appear.

You may want to install connmon then addon tab will appear. Assuming you’ve installed amtm and entware as well.

Follow LD’s amtm guide.

In the meantime, thank you. I haven't installed anything yet. My idea was to put a usb stick on the router and use it to create the swap file and to load the addons. I believe it is possible

don’t get overwhelmed, it is doable. @L&LD guide helped me to kick off adding addons on @RMerlin ‘s masterpiece. :)

goodluck!

I followed the L&LD guide and installed amtm without any problems. I then created a 2GB swap which works perfectly.

I notice that there is already stuff inside amtm and that if I want I can install many other things. Honestly at the moment I don't know what to install, I have to evaluate by reading the various posts.

But I have a question: When will the new Merlin firmware come out, once installed will I lose all these settings or do they remain?

However, from the modem menu on the control page, the 'addons' item is not there yet. I currently have amtm and Entware installed. With Putty I enter the modem as described, then I type amtm and I'm inside the software. I click on ep and I see all Entware packages but I don't understand how to use them.

I ask here because I see that there are people prepared.

I installed Flexqos ..... very interesting.

I am using ExpressVPN, I have entered into the router 5 geographic positions with OpenVPN protocol. With the original firmware, using the Asus Router app, I could switch from one geographical position to another comfortably seated in an armchair, now with the Merlin, the app no longer manages these things. Is there an addon that allows me to check VPN locations? It's not so much for the geographic location, you range the VPN for the amount of bandwidth. Is there an app that automatically chooses the VPN location based on the bandwidth?

I am currently using 3 open vpn connection at the same time. Based on what the router chooses which one to use ???

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!