What's new

amtm Asus merlin AMTM doesnt work anymore

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JoGi

Occasional Visitor
Good morning ,

I found out that my amtm addons webpage no longer existed.
After researching, I found out that my USB had crashed (read only in red) and I couldn't format or restore it.

Installed 1x new USB (tried) (128Gb) and Amtm continued to show the installed addons on both USB sticks? (tried 2 new usb sticks)

The new usb formatted both via amtm menu FD and via a PC and successfully formatted to EXT4 (successful)
after reboot router tried to install entware (ep) via amtm, but then it keeps indicating that the usb must be formatted first?
Tried reinstalling amtm via putty, but with the same result.
Removed the entire folder addons and folder jffs script via winscp and tried everything again.
also rebooting with "Format JFFS partition at next boot" checked did not help
now I do see a default empty amtm 😊 and formatted usb again.
after successful format (FD) to ext4, it continues to give the message when installing entware (EP), usb is not recognized and must be reformatted?

4 questions:
1:
is there another way to get the usb working again, without having to reset my router to factory settings?

if not, if I reset my router and read in the backup (Settings_RT-AX88U.CFG), i suppose i get the same issue back.

3 is it better to connect an SSD M.2 (with USB adapter) instead of a high-speed USB stick?
4 if yes, can i make 2 partition on this ssd 1 ext4(64Gb) for entware and other partition (192Gb ntfs or ext4 suggestion? for ftp filesharing

I hope someone can help me so I don't have to factory reset my router.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
amtm lamenting that no properly formatted device is plugged in means exactly that. Format the disk with amtm to ext4 and it will allow installation of Entware on it.

1. Unplug disk from router
2. Set "Format JFFS partition at next boot" in Administration / Sytem in the router UI and reboot.
3. Plug in disk in router
4. Open amtm and format disk to ext4 and then install Entware.

amtm lamenting that no properly formatted device is plugged in means exactly that. Format the disk with amtm to ext4 and it will allow installation of Entware on it.

1. Unplug disk from router
2. Set "Format JFFS partition at next boot" in Administration / Sytem in the router UI and reboot.
3. Plug in disk in router
4. Open amtm and format disk to ext4 and then install Entware.
Thank you, i solved the problem

i did that all, but then i found out that even the putty says disconnect session and the router homepage disconnect because off the reboot command, that the router didnt reboot at all, because sysinfo said, router online for 40 days. So after cut of power the router and power on, i continue with amtm and format ssd disk (2 partitions ) and then i could install entware / addons and a partition for ftp fileshare partition

Last question,

what do you recommend/suggestion
a usb stick or a ssd(with usb adapter)
I have read that due to the many read / write actions, an SSD is better than a USB stick

Or is it better to install a separate USB for amtm/addons and another USB or ssd for file sharing ?

An SSD in an enclosure or via simple SATA-USB adapter as I do is the preferred and much better option.
Two partitions is fine.

Thx 👍

I reset my AC68U twice and ensured JFFS partition is formatted at boot. I also updated the certificates and switched to unsecure mode as per another thread. However, amtm always fails to download.

It worked fine before the reset 2-3 weeks back but since the reset I have been unable to set up amtm.

Edit: It worked only after I updated the WAN DNS server to one of the pre-populated ones. The sites resolved fine through the browser and I got a ping for both domains from the terminal, so not really sure why they were inaccessible from the router itself then until the DNS was updated.

Attachments

• 1686471816876.png
    1686471816876.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!