What's new

ASUS MERLIN and access issue with Mitsubishi WiFi Controller ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zillah

Regular Contributor
Dear folk

I have ASUS RT-AC5300 with latest Merlin firmware (386.3),,,,I have an issue to access a website (Cloud for Mitsubishi Air-condition WiFi Controller)

Error message : This site can’t be reached

I tried from 3 different win10 desktops at home, I couldn't access it ,,,,,,ESET Internet security disabled still can't access it

I can access the website from my iphone using mobile data, but not when I connect to the home WiFi

And aslo Mitsubishi WiFi Controller can't be connected to the router ,,,,,,,,,before was connected all of a sudden that happened (2 days ago)

What do I need to check on the router ?

Thx

What else is running on this router?
Check everything that can block DNS/IP - DNS filtering service, Diversion, Skynet, Unbound. AiProtection is not blocking this site.

Untitled_37.png

If I need to use manual DNS addresses for NordVPN Is there away I can put an exemption for intesis.com ?

If I need to use manual DNS addresses for NordVPN Is there away I can put an exemption for intesis.com ?
You don't need to use manual WAN DNS for NordVPN, however you may choose to use NordVPN's DNS servers for some or all of your clients. What you choose to do is entirely down to what you want to achieve. Personally I set Accept DNS Configuration to Exclusive in the VPN client settings and use 9.9.9.9 as my WAN DNS. That way all the VPN clients use NordVPN's DNS servers and everything else uses the normal WAN servers.

Personally I set Accept DNS Configuration to Exclusive in the VPN client settings
I have same

And use 9.9.9.9 as my WAN DNS.
Initially I had it automatically then I changed it to manual using NordVPN addresses then I changed to automatically again
Now It looks like you are using google DNS 9.9.9.9,,,,,is this better in your opinion ?

Thx

9.9.9.9 is Quad9 not Google. Google is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Use either automatic or manual for WAN DNS. If you choose manual don't use NordVPN addresses as they are unreliable when not going through the VPN tunnel.

If you use manual WAN DNS then choose what works best for you. Only you can decide that. To be precise, I use 9.9.9.9 as server 1 and my ISP's address as server 2. This works best for me but YMMV.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!