What's new

Asus Merlin and CyberGhost VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Athl0n

New Around Here
I have Asus RT-AC-87U router with Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4_2, so the latest.
I have tried to establish connection with CyberGhost VPN where I bought an account.
I red this article:
https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/h...-configure-OpenVPN-for-TomatoUSB-Merlin-Build
and followed it abot 20 times carefully.
Unfortunatelly I didn't manage to establish connection.
Next articles https://vpntips.com/vpn-router-install/ and https://www.vpnuniversity.com/routers/how-to-setup-openvpn-asuswrt-merlin have not helped me too.
I realized theat they are a bit outdated because the newest Merlin firmware has some minor differences.
Is anybody here who could sacrifice ones time and help me?

Post your system log.

Maybe a shot in the dark and not ideal but before I moved to merlin I was on cyberghost and I had a few teething issues. You have to manually copy paste the crt's with cyberghost as uploading the opvn config does not upload all fields completely.

Also I had issues where it looked like I had connected to a server but when I returned to the router gui it had disconnected !! I sent CG a log and I had to enable ipv6 passthrough [emoji50] which worked as they stated their VPN is using some ipv6 protocol and the servers needed ipv6 enabled.

Might help

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

In addition to importing the openvpn.vpn file, I checked and entered all parameters manually according to the guide from the CyberGhost website.
I have copied and saved all certificates and key.
I will ask Cybergost helpdesk about enabling ipv6 protocol.
in attached log.txt is my log

Attachments

• log.txt
    20 KB · Views: 489
Just to confirm ? You are entering the correct username and password as they are not the same as the credentials you log into cyberghost with.
Username and password is different for the VPN configs [emoji106]

Looked at your log and I'm certain that if you enable ipv6 passthrough in router settings you will connect [emoji106]

Hurray !!!!!!!!
You were right, turning on the ipv6 passthrough resolved my problem.
Thanks a lot.
By the way, I'll serve you a big beer when you visit to Poland. :)
Thank you once again.

Hurray !!!!!!!!
You were right, turning on the ipv6 passthrough resolved my problem.
Thanks a lot.
By the way, I'll serve you a big beer when you visit to Poland. :)
Thank you once again.
[emoji23][emoji23] no problem and glad I could be of help [emoji109][emoji109]