What's new

Asus, Netgear, and TP-LINK routers cracked at China's Tianfu world competition

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cooloutac

Very Senior Member

RT-AX86U, TP-Link TL-WDR7660 and the NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800

Don't know if this should be in the security threads.

From what I gather mostly SQLi attacks? The Netgear and TP-Link had a couple. Any idea if this was acknowledged by the vendors, when it will be patched, or if it affects other models? Definitely another reason not to allow wan access lol.

What do you think this hacking competitions are all about ?
Show vulnerabilities, taking home the experience/bragging rights and prizes with a lot of money.
All manufactures / software developers have their eyes on this type of events.

Total systems hacked:

• Chrome
  • Safari
  • Firefox
  • Adobe PDF Reader
  • Docker-CE
  • VMware EXSi
  • Qemu
  • CentOS 8
  • iOS 14 (running on an iPhone 11 Pro Max)
  • Android OS (running on a Galaxy S20)
  • Windows 10 2004
  • TP-Link
  • ASUS Router

What do you think this hacking competitions are all about ?
Show vulnerabilities, taking home the experience/bragging rights and prizes with a lot of money.
All manufactures / software developers have their eyes on this type of events.

Total systems hacked:

• Chrome
  • Safari
  • Firefox
  • Adobe PDF Reader
  • Docker-CE
  • VMware EXSi
  • Qemu
  • CentOS 8
  • iOS 14 (running on an iPhone 11 Pro Max)
  • Android OS (running on a Galaxy S20)
  • Windows 10 2004
  • TP-Link
  • ASUS Router

ok so you are saying they acknowledged patches will come out? But what about if it affects other models and the eta? I'm specifically curious about Asus.

I meant the hacking competition was only 72 hours ago and you're already asking "where's my new firmware?".

oh i see lol. but i wasn't asking wheres my firmware. first of all i returned my asus router cause it was horribly unstable. but i was asking if they publicly acknowledged the issue and if it also affected older models which i still use. IS 3 days still too early for them to even acknowledge it? That's disheartening. Not even on twitter?

oh i see lol. but i wasn't asking wheres my firmware. first of all i returned my asus router cause it was horribly unstable. but i was asking if they publicly acknowledged the issue and if it also affected older models which i still use. IS 3 days still too early for them to even acknowledge it? That's disheartening. Not even on twitter?

Twitter can go pound sand.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!