What's new

ASUS openVPN Client to ASUS openVPN SERVER

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BigApple

Occasional Visitor
I have 2 of the asus routers ... how can I create a site to site VPN connection...
I tested the ASUS Merlin openVPNserver already using the openvpn client on the MS side and it tunnels perfectly (tap)
But how do I...
1. setup the ASUS VPN client1 side router....
2. do I use the WAN port to connect the client router to the internet.
3. Does WAN need to be changed from automatic to L2TP...

I cant find any tutorial to get that to work (ASUS Merlin VPN client side)

Thanks in advance for your help ...

Site to site OpenVPN with Asus Merlin

I have 2 of the asus routers ... how can I create a site to site VPN connection...
I tested the ASUS Merlin openVPNserver already using the openvpn client on the MS side and it tunnels perfectly (tap)
But how do I...
1. setup the ASUS VPN client1 side router....
2. do I use the WAN port to connect the client router to the internet.
3. Does WAN need to be changed from automatic to L2TP...

I cant find any tutorial to get that to work (ASUS Merlin VPN client side)

Thanks in advance for your help ...

I too am trying to setup a site to site VPN... I have a startup script that runs as a startup script on an N16... but it is not just a cut and paste to the custom commands. When I try to set it up as a client I check the system log and see lots of messages about buggy protocol. I assume these were left by Merlin himself. I am running the RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_372.30_2-dw firmware. I do have 2 ISPs but I could easily switch connections manually.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!