What's new

Asus pce-ac66 pre-order for 12/10 release

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KMac

New Around Here
I thought some of you might want to know Newegg has this available as a pre-order with a release date listed as 12/10 and a price of $99.99. It looks like it has a pretty good heatsink on it too.

Link

I thought some of you might want to know Newegg has this available as a pre-order with a release date listed as 12/10 and a price of $99.99. It looks like it has a pretty good heatsink on it too.

Link
Nice find! Now if only Asus would get the AC version of the EA-N66 going.

No half-measure there - looks like they went for a full 1300 Mbps support. Nice. :)

No half-measure there - looks like they went for a full 1300 Mbps support. Nice. :)
Well, maybe 3/4-measure. I notice that it's only PCI-e x1, so it's bandwidth-limited to 250MB/s. Admittedly, that's more than any real-world scenario, but doesn't quite get you to 1300 Mbp/s, even in theory.

Well, maybe 3/4-measure. I notice that it's only PCI-e x1, so it's bandwidth-limited to 250MB/s. Admittedly, that's more than any real-world scenario, but doesn't quite get you to 1300 Mbp/s, even in theory.

250 MB/s * 8 bits = 2000 Mbits. More than enough for 1300 Mbits networking.

Plus, if that's PCI-Express 2.0, you can double the bandwidth, for 4000 Mbits per lane.

Last edited:
Tim, can we assume you're going to give this a good test run for us? :)

Looks like the release date has been moved to 12/14/2012. I preordered one tonight to put in my HTPC.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!